Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default New Product Box Sort Order

Hello,
    I'm pretty sure this might be easy to set up but I just can't find it in admin. I want the new product box "New Products For [Month]" that is displayed on the main page and also on the subcategory pages to sort the products by date added instead of randomize. Newest added shows up first. How do I do that?
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Product Box Sort Order

I'm still looking into this. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Can someone let me know if this is possible or not through admin? If not possible through admin, then I guess I'm going to have to go through some code changes. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

You would need to alter the SELECT statement on the New Products and remove the randomizer ...

The randomizer helps when you have 100s of products and 50+ are New and you want to display 6 so that it isn't always the same 6 ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Linda,
    I think I'm just going to leave that code alone. I can just wait until next month and everything will flow smoothly, besides, they can just look at the new products link to see the ones listed by date that I've changed already. Thanks for the reply

Plugin Contributions

I have the same question so I'm going to bring this back up. I removed the randomizer from the includes/modules/new_products.php file like this:

PHP Code:
    }

if (
    $new_products_query != ''$new_products $db->Execute($new_products_queryMAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

$row 0;
    $col 0;
    $list_box_contents = array();
    $title '';

$num_products_count = ($new_products_query == '') ? $new_products->RecordCount();

// show only when 1 or more
    if ($num_products_count 0) {
      if (
    $num_products_count SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_COLUMNS_NEW_PRODUCTS || SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_COLUMNS_NEW_PRODUCTS == ) {

$col_width floor(100/$num_products_count);
      } else {

$col_width floor(100/SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_COLUMNS_NEW_PRODUCTS);
      }

while (!
    $new_products->EOF) {

$products_price zen_get_products_display_price($new_products->fields['products_id']);
        if (!isset(
    $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']])) $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] = zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($new_products->fields['master_categories_id']);

$list_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('params' => 'class="centerBoxContentsNew centeredContent back"' ' ' 'style="width:' $col_width '%;"',

'text' => (($new_products->fields['products_image'] == '' and PRODUCTS_IMAGE_NO_IMAGE_STATUS == 0) ? '' '<a href="' zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($new_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES $new_products->fields['products_image'], $new_products->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_PRODUCT_NEW_WIDTHIMAGE_PRODUCT_NEW_HEIGHT) . '</a><br />') . '<a href="' zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($new_products->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' $productsInCategory[$new_products->fields['products_id']] . '&products_id=' $new_products->fields['products_id']) . '">' $new_products->fields['products_name'] . '</a><br />' $products_price);

$col ++;
        if (
    $col > (SHOW_PRODUCT_INFO_COLUMNS_NEW_PRODUCTS 1)) {

$col 0;

$row ++;
        }

$new_products->MoveNext();
      } 
    But they are still not showing up in the date added...in fact, I guess they're still random because I don't see the same order every time I refresh. Did I miss something?

Plugin Contributions

I know this is an old thread, but I didn't want to post a new one for the same question...anyone, please?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by digidiva-kathy View Post
    But they are still not showing up in the date added...in fact, I guess they're still random because I don't see the same order every time I refresh. Did I miss something?
    What is "still not showing up" if you "don't see the same order" ...

I haven't tested your code but you lost me on what is and isn't happening here ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, Linda. Thanks for trying to help :) .

I want the New Products Module to show products sorted descending by date added. I followed the instructions I found to remove the randomizer from the code above, but the New Products on the front page are still not being sorted descending by date added. They're still showing up randomly, I guess, because each time I refresh, they're in a different order.

Okay, sorry, throw a big stick at me . They're just using a customized version of the Classic template and I neglected to check the Modules/Classic folder for an override...which there was. Sorry, should have thought of that this morning before I bumped this back up again .

Have a great Sunday!

Plugin Contributions

I added this code:
    Code:
    $new_products_query .= " ORDER BY products_date_added
                            LIMIT " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS;

if ($new_products_query != '') $new_products = $db->Execute($new_products_query);
    That adds the sort order to either select method and the limit based on the Maximum set ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast