Plugin Contributions

Default card being refused

i have zen 1.3.8, finally got a ssl installed, so the padlock thing shows up etc.. my website payment pro uk acct was approved today so i tried using my own credit cards, both visa and mastercard and keep getting an error that both are unable to be accepted... is it because its in my name? or should that not be a problem, everything is configured right as express seems to be working ok.. i just ran a test after putting in the web pro details, such as login merchant id and vendor etc.. and it went through to the payment page on paypal, but once i try to enter card details i am being told they dont support that card.. i even tried my debit card (which is maestro)
    All cannot be refused can they?
    My status in paypal manager says live!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: card being refused

is it because its in my name
    Usually - you can not send money to yourself. Set up a test product for $1 and ask a trusted friend to test for you and then immediately refund the charges.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Usually - you can not send money to yourself. Set up a test product for $1 and ask a trusted friend to test for you and then immediately refund the charges.
    i dont know anyone that can do that lol... my husband has a visa elctron card wonder if that would work.

Plugin Contributions

Ok tried my husbands card and this is the message i got again

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the credit card you entered is not one that we accept. Please use a different credit card or verify that the details you entered are correct, or contact the store owner for assistance.

Plugin Contributions

LOL after all that i got it working, i hadnt enabled cc in the store configure files!!! now its working ok!

Plugin Contributions

Finally... Thanks for posting how you fixed this. Simple enough but I spent hours trying to figure out why my site was telling customers I couldn't accept their type of credit card.