Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Adding a "Size guide" link only if the "size" attribute is active in the product

I have some products with a colour attribute (drop down) and some with a size attribute (drop down).

I'd like a link to "Size guide" (which goes to a static page) to appear when the product has Size attributes (just next to the drop down), but not appear for anything other products without a size option.

I'm looking in modules/attributes.php (which I assume is the right file) but I'd really appreciate some help with coding. Many thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding a "Size guide" link only if the "size" attribute is active in the product

Is this possible?
    John Crumpton, Technical Director of Double Sided
    Zen cart shop: Buy happie loves it

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding a "Size guide" link only if the "size" attribute is active in the product

You might look at the Option Name and hit Edit ...

There is a Comment there that if used right can be used for a number of purposes and you can probably set it to a link to something ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Genius! That's exactly what I wanted - thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps you could share how you did this for others ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dsided View Post
    Genius! That's exactly what I wanted - thanks!
    Yeah, I'd be interested in your method as well. Presently, I insert size guides manually, never thought of automating it until now...

Care to share?

Plugin Contributions

I will share the method - to be honest I haven't done it yet, just tested it in principle by adding an attribute comment and viewing the html source. Will report back shortly

Plugin Contributions

As promised here is the method:

You'll first need to write "Size guide" under Attributes controller -> Option names then edit (in my case) the "Size" attribute, under "en: Comments:" add the text "Size guide"

Next edit a file called "tpl_modules_attributes.php" which is under the templates\YOURTEMPLATE\templates\tpl_modules_attributes.php

Look for the tag around line 25 called
    <h3 class="attributesComments"><?php echo $options_comment[$i]; ?></h3>

In my case we had designed text with an image, so I removed the H3 and replaced it with a div called sizeGuide with float: right;. I added the link to the size guide page then tweaked the positioning and added the image as a background.

Have a look at (called Size guide):
    http://www.iamhappie.com/dresses/coc...nt-dress-p-249

Plugin Contributions

And compare this with an item which doesn't have a size guide:
    http://www.iamhappie.com/accessories...bow-belt-p-210

Plugin Contributions

I don't suppose you could be a bit more specific about what the code is I need to put in and where could you? I am looking to do exactly this, managed to add Size Guide to my attribute comment but just need to do the coding in the tpl_modules_attributes.php, being as I am fairly new to all this coding stuff I could really use an idiots guide to what you did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast