Plugin Contributions

Default Template Selection

Here's my situation...hope someone can help. I've been having so much trouble getting a custom template to work. In a haphazard way something has worked but I didn't trust it--it's called Custom2. Being in a hurry to get something up on my website, I modified the Classic Green template. It looks good but I want to do it the right way. So I added a third template choice called Custom. Now when I go to Tools/template selection I get Classic Green--my modified version, Custom2--"Forbidden" blank page, and no third choice for my latest addition Custom. Whenever I add a folder to includes/templates, shouldn't it show up in Tools/template selection? Also, I can't delete Custom2 from the remote site on Filezilla. How can I correct this so I can go on? Thank you.

TJB

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template Selection

Unless the template has an includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/template_info.php file, it won't show up in the template selection.

You should be able to use the file manager included in your webmaster panel to delete unwanted folders and files.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your reply. I was able to delete the Custom2 file I didn't want through Bluehost's File Manager. In my new custom file, there is a template_info.php file. However, even if I close and reopen or refresh Zencart admin panel, under Tools/template selection, I still get Custom2 as the only option besides Classic Green. My new custom doesn't show up and yet the deleted Custom2 does. What am I missing? I feel like I'm just a skip away but I just can't seem to get there.

Then, another thing I noticed in Filezilla: different from the Local site (left side), on the Remote site (right side) under includes/languages/english there is another english file listed there. Which side is correct? Should the one on the remote site be deleted or should it be added to the local site?

Once again, thank you for all of this aid!

Theresajb

Plugin Contributions

Correction to that first sentence. I was able to delete the Custom2 file that I didn't want through Bluehost's File Manager.

tjb

Plugin Contributions

P.S. Somehow I'm finding that whatever I'm doing on Crimson Editor and Filezilla is not affecting my Zencart storefront page. It's only been affected by things I've done from the admin panel. What is the missing link? Thank you.

tjb