Plugin Contributions

Default How to delete links of "item name" and "price" in category list page?

Links of "item name" and "price" are not friendly to search engine. Could anyone tell me how to delete them?
    You can find it in

Thanks very much!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to delete links of "item name" and "price" in category list page

Anyone help me? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to delete links of "item name" and "price" in category list page

'Item Name' is defined in includes/languages/english.php

'Price' is defined in includes/languages/english/index.php

The first will go in includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE

The second will go in includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE

I'd be interested in knowing why those headings would affect SEO.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    'Item Name' is defined in includes/languages/english.php

'Price' is defined in includes/languages/english/index.php

The first will go in includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE

The second will go in includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE

I'd be interested in knowing why those headings would affect SEO.
    Hi, stevesh
    Thanks for your kind reply.
    However, I want to delete the links, not anchor text. The links bring duplicate contents. Search Engines don't like duplicate contents.
    Where can I delete links?

Plugin Contributions

I don't find which code control links of "item name". Could someone explain it?
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I'm looking for a way to disable the link which has the text Item Name at the top of a product listing on the category page and sorts the products by ascending/decending order. I changed the + and - in the admin interface to be blank, but clicking on "Item Name" still allows the sort and there is no way to return to the order according to the customized order set in the product admin interface so I just want to disable the link totally. How can I do this - if not in the admin interface, where is it in the php code?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ckalech View Post
    I'm looking for a way to disable the link which has the text Item Name at the top of a product listing on the category page and sorts the products by ascending/decending order. I changed the + and - in the admin interface to be blank, but clicking on "Item Name" still allows the sort and there is no way to return to the order according to the customized order set in the product admin interface so I just want to disable the link totally. How can I do this - if not in the admin interface, where is it in the php code?
    I was asking myself the same question. There was no post here in the forum that answered it as far as I could see, so searched the code instead. The solution is simple.

in includes/modules/product_listing.php, there is a call to zen_create_sort_heading(), which produces the sorting links on the headers. This is on or about line 63. I had a CUSTOM folder for my theme in this same location, so I copied product_listing.php into my CUSTOM folder, commented out lines 62-64, and my linked headers became plain, unlinked headers. No core mod!

For those who are concerned about SEO but would still like the sorting links, you could modify the zen_create_sort_heading() function that makes the link. It's in includes/functions/function_general.php, starting around line 500. The code you change is a few lines into this short function:

Change from:
    Code:
    $sort_prefix = '<a href="' . zen_href_link($_GET['main_page']...
    To:
    Code:
    $sort_prefix = '<a rel="nofollow" href="' . zen_href_link($_GET['main_page']...
    I shortened the line because it's quite long. Just stick that rel="nofollow" in there and the search engines will ignore it.

I hope this helps.
    Frank

Plugin Contributions

Frank:

Thank you SO MUCH for the "point" in the right direction. That worked perfectly for me. I do not want customers changing the order of the products as the products are in a specific order for a reason.

Finding this thread was like looking for a needle in a haystack, but it was easier than finding the call to the sort_heading, which I NEVER would have realized to be the simple solution.

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Fantastic - thanks Frank, did exactly what I needed it to do! :)