Plugin Contributions

Default How do I use a different shipping method for a different product?

Hello, I am using the perweightunit shipping on my cart and I want to use the flatrate option on just one of my categories. How would I go about doing this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I use a different shipping method for a different product?

And when I come in and buy something from multiple categories plus the special category ... now what ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I am looking to do the same. For me I run flat rate ups and have some products that need to ship by truck. If I had a customer that bought from both catagories I would want it to default to the truck frieght option.

Plugin Contributions

My situation is kinda similar. My store sells mostly pdfs and some print books which we presently shipping. The books are actually print on demand from lulu - once we receive an order in the shop someone manually orders the book from lulu. And now we want to start offering art prints in the much the same way by using imagekind to produce the physical artefacts. We would want one set of postage costs for books and one for art prints. If someone were to add both to their cart I'd want the full costs of both added to the order total.

Any inspirations on how I might achieve such a feat?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brace3 View Post
    I am looking to do the same. For me I run flat rate ups and have some products that need to ship by truck. If I had a customer that bought from both catagories I would want it to default to the truck frieght option.
    You might be able to do this with a flag on the products, or some other indicator of who gets the truck ... then test for this flag or indicator and use that as a trigger to test for the product ...

Once you know one of these products is in the cart, this can be done with a function that checks that or some other means, you can use the results to enable or disable the shipping modules ...

First you need to find what is the "identifying flag" for distinguishing the products from one another ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You might be able to do this with a flag on the products, or some other indicator of who gets the truck ... then test for this flag or indicator and use that as a trigger to test for the product ...

Once you know one of these products is in the cart, this can be done with a function that checks that or some other means, you can use the results to enable or disable the shipping modules ...

First you need to find what is the "identifying flag" for distinguishing the products from one another ...
    Im hoping to bring this thread back to life as for some products I only want to show the shipping method, which is in this case registered post only.

If I had an "identifying flag" as the model number with the flag as "complete_helicopter" where do i go from there?

Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Brett
    http://www.eastcoasthobbies.com.au

Plugin Contributions

I know it is not perhaps the bestest thing in the world but following another posters comments I took a look at this shipping modules and it seems to be meeting my rather odd shipping requirements vrey nicely. The cost to buy the module versus the amount of time it would have taken me to hack together something that would have done the job for us was I think a fair trade. Now I'm just hoping it stays all good... time will tell on that. Sorry I can't offer anything more useful.

Plugin Contributions

Have you looked into the Gift Wrapping Add-on in the Free Software Add-ons ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=407

This might help in managing this better ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I don;t think the gift wrap module would work. The trick to all of this is that the customer doesn;t get the option of selecting a lower priced UPS shipping cost when the only way a product could ship is by truck. Gift wrap would just add another selectable cost, i believe. What we really need is to be able to flag an item as a truck freight item for a certain cost and not have the other shipping modules show up unless there is product in the order that might also ship UPS.