Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How do you set that up so when you select the size of an item the price changes?

For my items I have different prices for different sizes. How do you set that up so when you select the size of an item the price changes?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do you set that up so when you select the size of an item the price changes?

You will want to look at the Option Names, Option Values and building Attributes ...

Peek in the Tutorials/FAQs and the Wiki for tips on using this feature ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do you set that up so when you select the size of an item the price changes?

I am putting in the price on the attributes page...where is says price, weight etc. When I add it to the cart the total is doubled...why would that be and how do i change that?

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Your prices are doubling probably because your settings are INCLUSIVE of the product's BASE PRICE.

If you have a product at a base price of $10.00 and you have an attribute that adds $1.75, then how you set up attribute pricing will influence the calculation ZC does to give the end-price.

If you want to keep the base price (eg: $10.00) and the attribute ADDS another $1.75, the that attribute's value is entered in the attributes controller as "$1.75" and NOT $11.75.

You CAN choose to price products BY ATTRIBUTE. (In other words, if an attribute is selected, then the Zencart calculation must IGNORE your base price). This setting is switched on/off in the appropriate products PRODUCT EDIT screen. There's a radio button that sets this.

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: Keep in mind that just because a Product has attributes, this does not mean a Product is Priced by Attributes ...

If the Product has a Price and you use Attributes to add on to that Price ... and you do not have to select an attribute with price to add the product to the cart, then 9 times out of 10 this Product is not Priced by Attributes ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I only have a few products that have different prices for different sizes. The others the price stays the same as what I entered in the adding products page. So since I just want to do it on some products do I just put the price on the add attributes page where it has your option values and then price, weight etc....this is where I put the value and when I check the site it doubles it when I add it to the cart.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tanyaleann View Post
    ....this is where I put the value and when I check the site it doubles it when I add it to the cart.
    What is the VALUE that you are entering here?

Let's say you are selling milkshakes...

A standard milkshake costs $5 .

If the customer wants extra cream topping, it's an additional $1.

A milkshake with extra cream is therefore $6 .

So, if the customer selects the attribute called "Extra Cream" then the PRICE for that attribute should be set as $1.

Zencart will add the price of the standard milkshake ($5) and the extra cream ($1) to give a total proce of $6.

Plugin Contributions

The size small is 164.99 and the size medium is 169.99. I put the price in the products edit page as 164.99..should i put that? then when i was doing the attributes for small and medium for small i put the price as 164.99 and the medium as 169.99. I am sure this is why it is doubling because I already have the price set at 164.99 but i don't know what to do? I didn't put + or - on the pricing part.

Plugin Contributions

Set medium to:
    Prefix +
    Price 5.00

It could use a blank also for the Prefix as both blank and + mean add ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

So now in the shopping cart it is suppose to say M(+$5.00)...i would rather it say 169.99 for medium. How do i do this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast