Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How do I set up UPS shipping module?

I would like to know how to integrate zen-cart with the UPS shipping quote function. Do we need to setup an account with ups to do that?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I set up UPS shipping module?

You can go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and click on the UPS module and click INSTALL ...

If you are in the US and have setup your 5 Digit Zip Code then you should be able to get the rates ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

what is the process to set up UPS so that it can handle non-US locations like Puerto Rico ?

Plugin Contributions

You should just be able to install the UPS shipping module and set your 5 digit US zip code in the Shipping/Packaging ...

What weight are you shipping?

What is the Ship From Address?

What is the Ship To Address?

What are your settings for the Shipping/Packaging for the:
    Maximum Weight?

Small/Medium Tare?

Large Tare?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Turns out that this is an either or situation. To use USPS, the country must be United States. To use UPS, the country must be Puerto Rico. As such, it is not possible to get shipping fees for both UPS and USPS for Puerto Rico

Plugin Contributions

In v1.3.9, it is possible if the customer picked the Country Puerto Rico as there is a translation in v1.3.9 version of USPS for this ...

I forget if I added that to the v1.3.8 update for USPS ... but you can look and test it ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

In 1.3.8, the customer can only get the USPS or UPS shipping fee.

Are you saying that in 1.3.9, it is possible to get USPS and UPS shipping fees displayed simultaneously if country is Puerto Rico ?

What if the customer chooses to list Puerto Rico as state/province and country as United States ?

Plugin Contributions

I just looked this up and the January 2010 USPS has this code also ...

The way it works is, USPS works with Countries and States based on US Territories and Islands being "states" of the US ...

UPS bases those as Countries ...

Unfortunately, that conflicts when doing the Shipping quotes ...

What I did was write the USPS shipping modules with a translation for these to translate from what UPS wants to what USPS is expecting ...

Now, if the Country is Puerto Rico, the USPS shipping will request the quote with the US as the country and the Zip Code to get the quote ...

Meanwhile, UPS gets the Country it wants and this lets both work together ...

Try adding to your test account on your site, we always have a test account ...

an address with Puerto Rico as the Country and see what you get in the way of quotes from the two ...

NOTE: if you do not get both, then it sounds like you have an out of date site and should review all of the Known Bug Fixes:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82619

and all of the Security Patches and Updates:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131115

NOTE: v1.3.9 has all of these and more and upgrading is strongly recommended ...

If this method works properly for you, then you need to look at updating all of your customers in the address_book to the right settings and then clean up your countries and zones etc. to have just the settings for these locations to use the settings for UPS and let the translator handle the USPS ...

It is strongly recommended that you set up a test site and database to practice these changes etc. to make sure you don't break your Live site when you make the adjustments for the database tables ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You can go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and click on the UPS module and click INSTALL ...

If you are in the US and have setup your 5 Digit Zip Code then you should be able to get the rates ...
    I have setup Paypal express payment and shipping point zip code and installed the UPS module. However, I don't see the shipping cost
    rate when I check out (testing my site). When should I get the rate displayed?

Plugin Contributions

Edit the PayPal Express Checkout Payment Module and see what your setting is for:
    Express Checkout: Require Confirmed Address
    Do you want to require that your (not-logged-in) customers use a *confirmed* address when choosing their shipping address in PayPal?
    (this is ignored for logged-in customers)

Yes
    No
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast