Plugin Contributions

Default Customers are getting multiple orders for one transaction.

Customers are reporting that they are getting multiple orders for one transaction for which I only receive one payment.

One customer received three orders. The second two show as identical in my orders admin panel, while the first was different.

The first has
    Trans. Type: web_accept (compared to "unique")
    Has no country showing (the other two show GB)
    Exchange rate: 0 (vs. 1)
    A date of 12/31/1969 18:59:59 (vs. the correct date)

The IP on the first order is [ip] - [same ip] while on the others, it's [ip] - [different ip] - I believe for the latter, that second IP is the paypal IP.

They all show:
    Date Added Customer Notified Status Comments
    09/25/2008 14:53:47 Processed
    09/25/2008 14:55:06 Processed PayPal status: Completed @ 11:52:21 Sep 25, 2008 PDT
    Trans ID:[same ID for all 3]
    Amount: 2.50 USD.

This is a major problem. Again, I only get one payment, but obviously, people think they have paid three times. This is not for everyone - this is just for some people (no connection that I can see).

It's also not always 3. That person had three consecutive order numbers. Another customer got 4 out of order (slightly - a few gaps between numbers). The first of them was again "Unique" with the others webaccept, except this time, it was one of the webaccept orders that had a weird 1969 date.

The store has the Paypal IPN module and the Free card module for free orders (as advised here) for payment.
    Last edited by TheHYPO; 25 Sep 2008 at 11:59 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers are getting multiple orders for one transaction.

I've worked out almost all of the kinks that have come up. I think this is the last one to go. Can anyone think of a reason this would happen (or any piece of info I haven't provided that would help figure it out)?

Plugin Contributions

This is still occuring to the occasional customer. Is it possible it's due to the "freecharger" being installed? I never used to have that; I used to simply have paypal installed, and free orders would just be handled by the GC/DC module, but it was suggested here that freecharger be installed to handle free orders when I upgraded to 1.3.8. Could that be resulting in some users getting multiple orders?

Plugin Contributions

I should note that prior to the upgrade, paid orders came through as type "web_accept" but now the ones that don't give duplicate orders come through as "unique". I'm not sure why this changed, but the multiple orders always seem to include at least one of each