Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal payment receipt showing no products purchased info

Hi,

Im having fresh installed zencart 1.3.8a.

Im using Paypal IPN as payment module.

I configured correctly as given in wiki and tutorial by placing return URL, activating IPN and PDT etc.

When i tested in real time using payment in the end for purchase at paypal using credit card option (not paypal personal account), everything went fine, the zen cart is reflecting products purchased in "IPN" as well as in "Orders" as well as in "New Orders".

But the things I noticed or problems are:

- When I go to paypal website for payment, no products are showing, only total amount I have to pay.

- When I receive paypal receipt as buyer "Receipt for your Payment", only total I paid is given, what I purchase is not. Here you can see what I got in email from paypal:

Payment Details
    Item Price: 0.50 EUR
    Total: €0.50 EUR
    Order Description: (My Site Name) Purchase
    Item/Product Number: Store Receipt
    Buyer: (My Name)

As you can see above just Store Receipt word is given in place of what purchased.

What should I do, is this normal or Im here missing some thing?

Note:
    - Im not using godaddy hosting.
    - This is fresh install and i have not installed any patches is there are as I dont know, I installed around 2 weeks back.
    - I missed none the steps given in wiki here http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal .

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal payment receipt showing no products purchased info

That is normal when using the IPN (Website Payments Standard) module.
    You'll get full line-item details (as long as no discounts are applied) if you use the Express Checkout module instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You'll get full line-item details (as long as no discounts are applied) if you use the Express Checkout module instead.
    Oh...... I C..

thank you DrByte, I waz thinking the same thing that, it may be problem from Paypal side as many members are running pillar to post just to workout the IPN, and mine is working without no effort at all so that function must not be available.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Right now, my store is configured for "Paypal IPN Website Payments Standard" and "Paypal Express Checkout". Should I disable the IPN WPS?

Could running both account for an order not being generated if there is no shipping address provided?

Thanks.
    Sandy Solis
    SRS Custom Printing
    www.srscustomprinting.com

Plugin Contributions

Anything? I really need help here. Thanks.
    Sandy Solis
    SRS Custom Printing

Plugin Contributions

no need to disable IPN, as you will see the shipping address in your admin panel with details of order.

however anytime to check how things work you can always create some thing as test product of 0.50 and purchase as an customer. it will give you first hand experience what all the customer have to go through and you may find any glitch in time. anyway that purchase is going to be in your account minus paypal fee.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by time111 View Post
    no need to disable IPN, as you will see the shipping address in your admin panel with details of order.

however anytime to check how things work you can always create some thing as test product of 0.50 and purchase as an customer. it will give you first hand experience what all the customer have to go through and you may find any glitch in time. anyway that purchase is going to be in your account minus paypal fee.
    Thank you for responding. That is the problem though, evidently when the customer does not provide a shipping address, it is not generating an order in the admin panel. All I get is the Paypal payment, but no details of an order. This has happened a few times, and the only constant is that there does not seem to be a shipping address.

I have tried making test purchases, and everything seemed to work for me (although when paying with Paypal, it always seemed to show my shipping address even though I did not enter it). The only test purchase that did not work, was after placing the item in the cart and going to Checkout, and then choosing the Paypal payment option without first creating an account in the store. For some reason, it says it could not finish the transaction, and to choose a different payment method.
    Sandy Solis
    SRS Custom Printing

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ssolis5788
    The only test purchase that did not work, was after placing the item in the cart and going to Checkout, and then choosing the Paypal payment option without first creating an account in the store.
    By default, unless you have attempted to change it, one must have an account to process a purchase - -and this will have an address
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    By default, unless you have attempted to change it, one must have an account to process a purchase - -and this will have an address
    When I have gone to my Paypal account to look at the payment receipts for those orders which did not appear in Admin, the only constant I could find was that it did not show a shipping address on the receipt. I really have no idea why some orders are being paid for, but no order form is being generated. I then have to email the customer and ask what they ordered (not professional...). Thanks for any help.
    Sandy Solis
    SRS Custom Printing

Plugin Contributions

On this page(space is mine)
    http: //www.srscustomprinting.com/index.php?main_page=login

You have displayed a "PayPal Express" Pay Now Button and this takes one directly to PayPal without an account or address.

If you changed this or applied a module to get this - this is the reason
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast