Plugin Contributions

Default shipping and billing address don't match

I think I'm losing sales. Credit cards are being denied. I am getting a message that says : billing and shipping address don't match. This is happening only on sales that are not through Paypal. ANy idea? Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: shipping and billing address don't match

Are the credit cards being denied because of the incorrect billing addresses? Or other reasons such as insufficient funds, fake number, etc.?

A customer does not have to ship to the same address as their billing. Most store owners will have different addy's for their billing and shipping because their credit card billing address is their home address, however they may ship items to their store (if you sell wholesale) or to a friend (if you sell gift items). Or their cc billing might be a PO box and if your site uses UPS for shipping, then they would have to give a physical address instead of a PO box.

The little warning that comes up about addresses not matching should really have nothing to do with them being denied, I would think. The only reasons we have had cards denied were the reasons I listed above. We've been using zen-cart for about 5 years now I think. We sell wholesale and most customers have different addresses than their shipping.

Hope this has helped....-Amy

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem. I am using a the South African VCS payment module. The shipping and billing address match 100% on Zen(step 2), the customer is taken to the payment gateway after confirming the order (step 3), pays successfully (funds enter the account), and is returned to Zen (step 2) with the error message that the shipping and billing does not match.

Plugin Contributions

I have suddenly begun having this problem as well. I am using 1.3.8a and have had several orders go through successfully and 2 out of 3 of those orders had different shipping and billing addresses. However, tonight a customer attempted to make an order and it was declined because of the shipping and billing addresses not matching. Is there some way to find the errors or log so that I can see what has happened? Maybe he simply entered addresses that were supposed to match but made some mistake ... or maybe they are different addresses and the cart quit working??? The only thing that has changed is that I installed the Ty Package Tracker .... but tom y knowledge that did not have any effect on any requirement for shipping and billing address to match.