Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: newsletter - email limit?

Oh that would be wonderful i would love to have it, my host wants to charge me $170 per month just to send more than 500 emails, rediculas, so any help is appreciated tytyty

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sweetikins
    Oh that would be wonderful i would love to have it, my host wants to charge me $170 per month just to send more than 500 emails, rediculas,
    sweetikins, I am not picking on you specifically - - Just venting on most individual business sense....
    This is Advertising!!!
    If in the US and you had to mail these, forget the cost to print them, the envelope and stamp would be 0.50 each
    Want to send a flyer to 500 customers then that is $250.00

Have we lost site of basic business facts in this "instant" age??
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sweetikins View Post
    Oh that would be wonderful i would love to have it, my host wants to charge me $170 per month just to send more than 500 emails, rediculas, so any help is appreciated tytyty
    Since my problem probably isn't going to be solved here... my suggestion is to look into a virtual dedicated server.. even at $100 per month you won't have this limit...

For me this sucks because I just moved this [clients] site to bluehost not even thinking of an email limit - I was hosting it on my v-ded before...

So, if there is a way to do a timed-release mailing to the newsletter list...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by len7560 View Post
    So, if there is a way to do a timed-release mailing to the newsletter list...
    As I said in an earlier post:

I recommend the free GroupMail tool: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38322

You can export your mailing list, import it into GroupMail, and send your message in a timed-release manner fully configurable by you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah - I can already do that with my own autoresponder/mail manager (autoresponse plus 3) on my dedicated box for my client.

I would simply like to slow down the natural process...

The other option would be to drive all the sendmail functions to my server where I am already hosting their mail.

Any idea how to do this? Is there a way?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you want to send mail from a different server, simply change the Email Transport Method to SMTPAUTH, and supply the SMTP username/pwd/port/host in the email settings area.

As for slowing things down via your admin, feel free to write your own custom code to handle finding a way to tell your PHP script to sit idle longer than the server's pre-configured timeout length. There are ways to do it, but most are server-specific, and thus you'll need to build it unique to your configuration requirements.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lancemonotone View Post
    This looks promising. How did you use this? I assume you have to come back every hour and send the newsletter to the next list? What did you modify to get the shortened lists into the audience dropdown?
    Can you help me?
    Where table query_builder is located?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Catia Cunha View Post
    Can you help me?
    Where table query_builder is located?
    Don't know if this is too late but you can find the query_builder in your PHPmyAdmin or through what ever means you access your MySQL.

Good luck!
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I've just completed a small modification to the newsletter page for a client.

What the mod does is throttle the email sending rate to 80% of your server limit (which you input manually as a new key on the email configuration page). So if you set a value of 1000 for the server limit, it will send emails at the rate of one every 4.5 seconds, giving an overall rate of 800/hr. That leaves a reasonable percentage of the server allowance for normal store emails to proceed unimpeded.

The script progress is shown on the admin page, and it shouldn't tie up a lot of server CPU resources (on linux servers) because the mod uses the php sleep function as the throttle. I don't think it's suitable for Windows servers though - I believe the php sleep function doesn't work the same on those.

If anyone wants to participate in beta-testing this mod, contact me via PM.
    Just want to say thanks to bunyip. I pmed him and got this mod and it is easy to install and works perfectly for me. I have a small digitalscrapbooking shop with 700 subscribers. I set the hrly limit for my server [400] and it just calculates and sends them out throttled back to as an example one every 20 sec. Saved me so much mucking around with other newsletter options as I only send 1 or 2 per mth.

Plugin Contributions

What happens say if you have a Black Friday and Cyber Monday deal and heavens forbid you get over 100 orders an hour? (with an email limit of 100)

Since we receive an email saying we have a new order, and the customer receives their order confirmation.. does that mean only the first 50 customers each hour will receive an email before you have locked your account by going over your 100 an hour email limit with your hosting company?

Asking this because I just locked my email account by sending a blast of 200 at 3:45PM PST then another 200 at 4:59PM PST and locked my email account . Now I have a help ticket to unlock my account so I can start sending email confirmations to the customers again. Fun times...
    ~ jasmel : My Store Using Contributions: Wallet Theme | Simple Google | Quantity Discounts | Godaddy | FAQ's | Confirm Email Address Entry | Admin login as customer | Newsletter Subscribe | CampaingMonitor

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast