Plugin Contributions

help question Orders not showing in admin, blank page going back to cart?

I have seen this often in the posts. I have run the following tests:

http://digiscrappin4ever.com/ipn_main_handler.php

This one comes back w/error:
    Not Found

The requested URL /ipn_main_handler.php was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The ipncheck.php

comes back w/error:
    IPN TESTING - POSTING to PayPal via: ssl://www.paypal.com:443

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/mysite/ipncheck.php on line 81

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to ssl://www.paypal.com:443 (Unknown error) in /home/mysite/ipncheck.php on line 81
    IPN FATAL ERROR :: Could not establish fsockopen.
    Host Details = ssl://www.paypal.com:443 (-1283437231)

Trying again without SSL ...

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/mysite/ipncheck.php on line 85

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to www.paypal.com:80 (Unknown error) in /home/mysite/ipncheck.php on line 85
    IPN FATAL ERROR :: Could not establish fsockopen.
    Host Details = ssl://www.paypal.com:443 (139987964)

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mysite/ipncheck.php on line 91

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mysite/ipncheck.php on line 94

With the last line repeating forever.

I am running version 1.38a
    Siteground is my host
    I did install the sept 19 patch, made no changes to code after installing the patch.
    I tried replacing all paypal files I could find to make sure it was a good install (I hope)
    Payments go thru with Paypal just fine. No oredrs show in admin at all and the return does not complete, stops with blank page.
    php allow_url_fopen is ON
    Port 80 is open, verified this with host.
    I have also followed the wiki too
    attaching log files zip too
    Paypal standard enabled, ipn enabled on paypal site too.

I just don't know where to go from here. I sure hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance for looking,
    Jan
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by digi; 18 Oct 2008 at 08:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders not showing in admin, blank page going back to cart?

Quote Originally Posted by digi View Post
    http://digiscrappin4ever.com/ipn_main_handler.php

This one comes back w/error:
    Not Found

The requested URL /ipn_main_handler.php was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    A 404 Not Found error means ... the file was not found. ie: you don't have that file in that location on your server.

And, since ipn_main_handler.php is the key to getting PayPal Website Payments Standard/IPN orders into your store, I'm not at all surprised that you're not seeing your orders, if that's what you've told PayPal to use.

Further investigation reveals that you're really running your store from the "digistore" subdirectory, so the correct path to the ipn_main_handler file is: http://digiscrappin4ever.com/digisto...in_handler.php

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/mysite/ipncheck.php on line 85

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to www.paypal.com:80 (Unknown error) in /home/mysite/ipncheck.php on line 85
    And from your logs:
    Oct 18 2008 13:30 -- IPN FATAL ERROR :: Could not establish fsockopen.
    Host Details = http://www.paypal.com:80 (143496612) Unable to find the socket transport "http" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?
    Your webserver has some configuration problems. Namely, it's unable to lookup the address of the PayPal website. The ipn tool is using the fsockopen() function of PHP to contact PayPal, and it's clear that your server is not configured to allow that, presumably because it's failing to do a common DNS lookup of the website address, or is not configured to understand the common http protocol.

Also, when attempting to access the shared-SSL side of your site (using URL in your log file), it seems that your host is using a self-signed SSL certificate, not one from a trusted source. This could potentially cause problems, not only with PayPal but also with your customers. Maybe you should get your own SSL certificate?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders not showing in admin, blank page going back to cart?

Thank you, the ipn_main_handler is in the right place, I just accessed it wrong. Major brain cramp.
    Response came back:

Nothing to process. Please return to home page.

I think that is normal. I have also sent both of the quotes you sited off to my host. Hopefully they can help me.
    You have been wonderful in helping me with this.

back to you soon, I hope,
    Jan