Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default HSBC - Link to HSBC Files...

I am totally lost, as I am totally new to this. I am trying to integrate HSBC as payments gateway to my plantperfection.co.uk site.

HSBC Have sent the following 2 files to me (I have uploaded them to the internet so you could see if they make sense to you):

APIOverview.pdf
    &
    http://skyegospel.co.uk/XML_API_Interface_Ref.pdf

I am just totally at a loss to know what to do with this info! I don't know if I am to make up files, or get them from somewhere else, and where I am to put them or what I am to do with them after.

If anyone could jsut point me really simply in the right direction I would be very, very grateful!

Stuart

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HSBC - Link to HSBC Files...

You need payment mod for hsbc...there was one but for older
    zencart version...easiest way is to use protx as payment
    gateway and install zencart protx mod.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that Misty. I would, but I am making the site for a client and it would cost quite a bit more to use protx. I was looking into them a few days ago and also today. HSBC charge very little difference between having a merchant account with them (which my client does) and using their gateway too.

I had looked at the foamcow module but it seems that it needs a lot of adjusting to work for recent versions of zen cart / hsbc software?

Can anyone confirm if using the payment is actually a possibility? HSBC insisted it was (though not one of their list of 'official' carts) but I just don't know where to begin with these files they sent.

Alternatively, I know nothing really about oscommerce, but I know they are also free and they have a module to integrate hsbc payments. I'd rather not switch at this stage as I have spent so long over these last few weeks trying to learn zen cart - does any one know if it's possible to somehow pull your whole premade zen cart shopping cart into oscommerce in any kind of way that means little alteration has to be done to hav it look and function the same? Or would going down that route basically mean starting again from fresh with oscommerse?

THanks again Misty,

Stuart

Plugin Contributions

You could also advertise in Commercial Forum for someone
    to either update hsbc existing zencart mod, or port the
    oscommerce mod you have mentioned.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that Misty - I think I will do that. Out of interest, you don't know off-hand roughly what it would cost to get that sort of thing done do you? I am a little worried about getting work done as I have already underquoted quite a bit for the site... presumably it's not the kind of thing I could figure out myself with pretty much no knowledge of PHP?!?! guess it wont be. It's a bit awkward becuase the hsbc rep has assured my client that it's very straightforward - just a short afternoon's work. So far I have spent days scrolling through the internet trying to figure out how to do just this one thing!

Thanks for that - I will have a look at that part of the forum.

Stuart

Plugin Contributions

Sending pm