Plugin Contributions

Default restock after partial refund

Hi,
    I have just had a situation arise which is not a major problem but would be nice if I could sort it out.

A customer ordered 3 different items 1 of which I was unable to provide, so I issued a partial refund through paypal for that item and continued with the other 2 as normal. The problem is the cart still thinks that all 3 items were sold so the unsold item is still displayed in the purchased products report. Is there any way to manually tell the cart to:

1. increase the stock level by 1
    2. reduce the number of that product sold by 1
    3. possibly remove that item from the customers order history

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: restock after partial refund

I am having this same issue... is there a solution anywhere? Although, in my situation, the customer purchased 2 of the same item, and only wanted one... so I did a partial refund for the one they didn't want... but the product still shows in their order history, and my store won't release the product for someone else to purchase. I only have a limited supply of this product, so I really want the store to replenish it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Partial refund not changing order total?

I am having a similar situation. In my situation, the customer purchased 2 of the same item, and only wanted one... so I did a partial refund for the one they didn't want... but the product still shows in their order history, and my store won't release/restock the product for someone else to purchase. I only have a limited supply of this product, so I really want the store to replenish it. I can't find any other posts that are similar to this for me to post on, so please forgive me posting here for a slightly different, yet similar situation.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spotduster View Post
    I am having a similar situation. In my situation, the customer purchased 2 of the same item, and only wanted one... so I did a partial refund for the one they didn't want... but the product still shows in their order history, and my store won't release/restock the product for someone else to purchase. I only have a limited supply of this product, so I really want the store to replenish it. I can't find any other posts that are similar to this for me to post on, so please forgive me posting here for a slightly different, yet similar situation.
    Version 1.x.x of Zen Cart doesn't allow you to do order edits without installing addons to accommodate all the many data changes required to support it.
    If you want to manually adjust the inventory level of the product which was ordered, edit that product and change the quantity amount manually.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Version 1.x.x of Zen Cart doesn't allow you to do order edits without installing addons to accommodate all the many data changes required to support it.
    ... and the addons themselves don't work perfectly either.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: restock after partial refund

Take a peek in the add ons for Edit Orders, it will allow you to make the changes in quantity and pricing. I don't know whether it will affect the stock level when you change the quantity purchased, you may need to handle that manually.
    Ted
    Never say never, it's only a matter of time, energy and asking the right person the right question!