Plugin Contributions

Default changed code for hovering large image. Is it correct?

I don't quite know in which part of the forum I am suppost to post this, but this seemed the best option.

I want to have larger images shown when I hover over the images in the product listing. I know that Image Handler can do this (and more) but I wanted the large images, not the medium ones. Nobody could help me, so I created some code myself (from another javascript).

I know virtually no php (yet) so I would really appreciate if somebody could look at the code.

I changed two files:

includes/functions/html_output.php
    and
    includes/modules/product_listing.php

(1) what is the difference between
    includes/functions/html_output.php and
    admn/includes/functions/html_output.php ? I used the first, is that correct?

(2) in includes/modules/product_listing.php I changed the part in which the productListing-data is generated.
    it was (in fact, there were two similar lines, changed them both)

Code:
                $lc_text = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ?  zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['cPath']) : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing->fields['products_image'], $listing->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_PRODUCT_LISTING_WIDTH, IMAGE_PRODUCT_LISTING_HEIGHT, 'class="listingProductImage"') . '</a>';
    and I changed it into
    Code:
                $lc_text = '<a class="thumb" href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ?  zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['cPath']) : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing->fields['products_image'], $listing->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_PRODUCT_LISTING_WIDTH, IMAGE_PRODUCT_LISTING_HEIGHT, 'class="listingProductImage"') . '<span>' . zen_image_anjo(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'large/' . $listing->fields['products_image'], $listing->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_PRODUCT_LISTING_WIDTH, IMAGE_PRODUCT_LISTING_HEIGHT, 'class="listingProductImage"') . '</span></a>';
    the function zen_image that is called above is also changed (in file includes/functions/html_output.php) but not much: I merely commented a few lines to get rid of the width and heigth
    Code:
          // BMZ IH2: intval for width and height since proportional images
          // calculate float. int is needed for the code to validate
    //anjo afm niet nodig      if ($image_size[0] < $width and $image_size[1] < $height) {
    //anjo        $image .= ' width="' . $image_size[0] . '" height="' . intval($image_size[1]) . '"';
    //anjo      } else {
    //anjo        $image .= ' width="' . round($width) . '" height="' . round($height) . '"';
    //anjo      }
    The hover part of this all is done in some css statements

It works, but I am not certain it is correct and stable and I am certainly not certain it will not give any problems somewhere else.

Is it correct? and should I also change the admn/includes/functions/html_output.php?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: changed code for hovering large image. Is it correct?

I cannot help you much here, but the admn files are your administrator files and, if I'm not mistaken, are the files used on the configuration side ie: those files called upon in the admin configuration when you are changing settings.

Have you thought about using the lightbox contribution. - I have it, but have yet to take a closer look at it; although I know it is used to produce the professional looking Javascript generated images seen on many commercial sites now and I am fairly certain it is just the thing you are looking for.

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=273