Thread: Quickbook Sync

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quick Question

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveMind View Post
    Please forgive me as I am new to ZenCart and Quickbooks. I am investigating solutions for a client who wishes to integrate their Quickbooks POS system into a shopping cart. Basically they will maintain everything in quickbooks and sync to a web site. Is that basically what this module will do?

What I'm reading seems to indicate ZenCart will post back to WebConnector, but there is no two way communication between ZenCart and WebConnector.

Is this correct or have I misunderstood something?

Thanks;
    Michael
    This mod is for Quickbooks Finacial Software and is not compatible with Quickbooks POS, to get what your client wants you have to go with a commercial solution, I can give you the name of the one I have been using, it will sync inventory to zencart but does not do so automatically, PM me if interested I don't want to hijack this thread.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quickbook Sync

Could I hire someone to install this and be sure it is working properly? My email is [email protected]

Thanks

Jeff

ElusiveMind -- It depends on what you mean. There is two way communication between the webconnector and QBSync. However, QBSync doesn't do much with the responses from WebConnector other than to determine if things are working correctly or not. (In other words, it interprets error messages).

With QBSync (including the continuing sync feature), everything is synced from Zen Cart to Quickbooks -- nothing comes from Quickbooks to Zen Cart.

By the way, I've noticed that v2 is still not showing up in the Free Software section of Zen Cart's site. I have no control over when the Zen Cart team will approve v2, but in the meantime feel free to use the link in my signature to download it.

Plugin Contributions

Quick question.. Will this add-on work with Super Orders???

Plugin Contributions

We're running into an odd problem. Installation and setting up quickbooks went fine, but we can't authenticate:

Code:

Description:
    QBWC1012: Authentication failed due to following error message.
    The request failed with the error message:
    --
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns1="http://developer.intuit.com/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <SOAP-ENV:Body><ns1:authenticateResponse>
    <ns1:authenticateResult>
    <ns1:string>0b3044ec9282bf5da4cd066bc6873210</ns1:string>
    <ns1:string xsi:nil="true"/>
    </ns1:authenticateResult>
    </ns1:authenticateResponse>
    </SOAP-ENV:Body>
    </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
    The request is actually authenticating just fine, meaning that the code in qbServer.php is receiving the credentials, validating them, and then failing on this line:

Code:
    $result['authenticateResult'][1] = $settings->companyFile;
    Apache's error log shows this:

Code:
    PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$companyFile in /hsphere/local/home/user/domain.com/cart/qbServer.php on line 41
    I've looked through all the QBSync code and can't find anywhere that companyFile is populated or set. Nor have I seen anywhere in the install instructions that a company file is supposed to be created for the cart.

Any help is appreciated.

ETA: This is the latest release of QBSync 2, downloaded on Friday the 25th.
    Last edited by fatbird; 29 Sep 2009 at 06:55 PM.

Plugin Contributions

A little more reading (from here: http://developer.intuit.com/support/technical/?id=392) would seem to indicate that QBSync is responding correctly, or at least saying "yes, this user is properly authenticated. QB (2007 Pro) seems to be interpreting it as a failure, though. The issue might be the second string, which is supposed to the name of the QWC file, or an empty string (so QB uses the current QWC file that's open).

1. The authenticate method is used to initiate a QuickBooks data exchange session, and the string array returned by the authenticate method should have two elements. The first element represents a token for the Web Connector’s session with the Web service on behalf of the authenticated user and will be passed back to the Web service on every subsequent call until the data exchange session is complete. The second element is used to indicate the result of the authentication. Or, if the authentication was successful and data needs to be exchanged for this user, the second element identifies the company file with which the Web service expects to communicate. Several possible return values include:

* The string “nvu” indicates that the username or password was not recognized and therefore the credentials represent a non-valid user.
    * The string “none” indicates that the username and password were recognized but that the Web service has no data to exchange with the user’s QuickBooks company file.
    * Any other string (including an empty string “” to open whatever company file is currently open in QuickBooks) will be passed as the qbCompanyFileName parameter to the QuickBooks request processor’s BeginSession call when the Web Connector establishes a connection to QuickBooks. It should be a full path to the company file (as provided in the first call to sendRequestXML shown in step 2).

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Just confirming, do you know whether the issue of orders duplicating in QB is fixed with your new version 2 ?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

zc 1.3.8a, I've upgraded from qb sync 1 to the new version 2.

When syncing, new customers & products are throwing errors instead of being added to quickbooks. Version 1 sync'd new customers, but doubled orders. I can't get version 2 to add new customers/orders at all.

'Error:There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Customer "ANDERSON,JOHN" in the SalesReceipt. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.'

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks

fatbird - Strange... Check your QWC install file (QWCexample.qwc). Make sure you didn't list a company file name. It should be blank for everything to work.

deere20 - Orders duplicating? I don't think this was ever a problem as far as I know. Once an order is exported its marked as such in the database and it will not export it again.

deere20 - This customer doesn't exist. You can't add an order for a customer that doesn't exist. Change the naming convention for your customers to match what is in Quickbooks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by srturner47 View Post

deere20 - This customer doesn't exist. You can't add an order for a customer that doesn't exist. Change the naming convention for your customers to match what is in Quickbooks.
    Thanks, just to clarify, qb sync should add new customers from zen that don't exist yet in qb ? My customer naming format is the standard lastname, firstname ... not sure what else I should change in qb, I don't see many options to change the customer naming format.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast