Thread: Quickbook Sync

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quickbook Sync

Quote Originally Posted by bpryor View Post
    BTW, I still cannot figure out how to determine exactly what a shipping method's name is in QB, so it's turning out to be almost impossible to get Zencart and QB to match.
    You can forget this post too. I got it working. All my issues were matching issues. I was confused about what I was mapping the shipping method too. I thought I had to map the method to one of the shipping methods in QB invoices, but I needed to map it to a item I had to create in QB to accept the shipping charges.
    Last edited by bpryor; 30 Nov 2009 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Typo.

Plugin Contributions

I'm still unable to get this working. I'm in the UK so my sales taxes are actually VAT. Any users in the UK got this to work?
    Last edited by pglock; 4 Dec 2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: published too early in error.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pglock View Post
    I'm still unable to get this working. I'm in the UK so my sales taxes are actually VAT. Any users in the UK got this to work?
    Hi pglock,

I would assume this would just be a matching issue too. You need to have a item created in QB that links to your VAT account, then in ZC you match in QB Sync -Sales Tax the name of the QB item to the sales tax item coming from ZC.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Quickbook Sync

I've read through several pages of this thread and have a few questions that I didn't understand from the description.

We have a new Zen-Cart install (10/01/2009) and have populated the database with about 1,000 items.

We are using Quickbooks Pro 2009 and maintaining 2 seperate databases. Zen-Cart and Quickbooks Register Pro. We want to drop Register Pro and create all our invoices, estimates, packing slips etc in Quickbooks.

Which items databse is the master? Zen-Cart or Quickbooks?
    Do we make changes to price, add or delete items from Zen-Cart or Quickbooks?
    If we change items in Quickbooks does it update Zen or (Visa Vi) Make changes in Zen and it updates Quickbooks? or both or either?

Thanks for your answers, hope I didn't get too confused. Thanks for all your hard work
    JOhn ><>
    Newest Site: ChargerPros - Stuff4Toys

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Quickbook Sync

OK, I read back a few more pages and found your Release of Version 2
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=82

Answered allot of questions.
    Thanks
    JOhn ><>
    Newest Site: ChargerPros - Stuff4Toys

V2.01 is now available.

To Upgrade from v2.0:

Replace file quickbooksSync/qbClass.php with the new one.

No other changes are necessary.

Changelog for v2.01:

- Fixed issue when no manufacturer is specified for products.
    - Fixed issue with colons in customer names.
    - Fixed tag error in Quickbooks Web Connector example file.

FYI - I've also noticed a problem with the Google Checkout mod. I don't consider it a bug, as much as I consider it an incompatibility with Quickbooks, so I'm not planning on fixing this. When a Google Checkout order is refunded, it shows up in the order total lines. This causes the final order amount to drop to $0. Quickbooks won't import orders without a positive total, so you'll get an error. The workaround is -- every time you encounter an order with Google Checkout that has been refunded you'll need to export it to Quickbooks manually and then mark it as done in Zen Cart QBSync. To do this, you'll need to go to Tools-Install SQL Patch and then run the following patch:
    Code:
    UPDATE `orders` SET quickbooks = 1 WHERE orders_id=1234;
    Be sure to change 1234 to whatever the order number is for the Google Checkout order you manually exported to Quickbooks.

BTW - I'm not sure if the_ancient still visits this thread, but if you do, I'd sure love to get this to recognize the Company File Name. This would allow the company file to be updated without the Quickbooks file being open in QB. There appears to be some legacy code that does just this, but I don't understand how this code works, so I don't know how to implement this. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Hi I am taking things one step at a time and first want this script to download customers into my quickbooks. I have uploaded the files to my server, and have ran the sql statements. I cannot find where to go to have this script talk to my quickbooks. I am confused.

You need to run QB Web Connector on your computer. Edit QWCExample file to fit your needs and then open it using Quickbooks Web Connector. You should find Quickbooks Web Connector is installed with most Quickbooks installations, but if not, there is a link in the documentation to download it.

Plugin Contributions

I want to try this mod, but first I want to know it does what I want.

I only want to import new orders. I don't want to import existing customers, existing products or past orders.
    Can I do this with this mod or does it always import everything?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I'm running into a problem. It looks like I'm not the first one, but the proposed solution doesn't seem to match my root cause.

When I run the web connector, I get the following error:

Version:
    Not provided by service

Description:
    QBWC1012: Authentication failed due to following error message.
    Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=iso-8859-1', but expected 'text/xml'.
    The request failed with the error message:
    --

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns1="http://developer.intuit.com/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><SOAP-ENV:Body><ns1:authenticateResponse><ns1:authenticateResult><ns1:string>38e7d35ce 6a58f545f1f0ef74595ff90</ns1:string><ns1:string xsi:nil="true"/></ns1:authenticateResult></ns1:authenticateResponse></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
    <br />
    <b>Notice</b>: Object of class queryFactoryResult could not be converted to int in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />

--. See QWCLog for more details. Remember to turn logging on

I have verified that I have PHP 5.2.11, and soap is enabled (--enable-soap).

I've checked the logs, there's no error logs in apache and nothing of interest in QWCLog. Thanks for any help!

What else can I try, or provide to you to help me out?

Thanks!
    TJ

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast