Thread: Quickbook Sync

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Default Re: Quickbook Sync

pglock --

Ahhh!!! I think I have a better idea of what the problem is. The "TAX" you refer to is not the sales tax name. That is "Zero-Rated Sales" in this example. TAX just means its taxable. NON means non-taxable. Each item in a sales receipt must be listed as taxable or non-taxable. There must be some way to assign different codes for taxable vs. non-taxable items in Quickbooks. I never even realized that this could be done. Here's how to test this hypothesis:

Go into quickbooks. Add a sales receipt. Enter an item. Then hit tab twice. You should be under Tax. Then, click here. You should get a list of different things. For my QB file I have TAX and NON. Tax is for taxable goods. Non is for non-taxable goods. If you don't have Tax and Non QBSync won't work!!!

These are the defaults in QB, and I just assumed that everyone used them. I didn't even realize that you could add different codes -- but sure enough, there is "Add New" in this list. You'll need to add Tax and Non or change your codes to Tax and Non for QBSync to work properly. Sorry about that! I never realized that these codes were user definable.

cowspot -- QUICKBOOKS_TABLE_LOG is defined as quickbooks_log, so that shouldn't be a problem! See the fourth line of qbClass.php in the quickbooks folder. That's not the issue.

I've looked over the code for this, and I really have no idea why you are having trouble with this. The function in question just gets the errors and returns them to be placed in an error report email. Worst case scenario, you could just empty the function and return nothing. This should solve your problem, but of course email error reports won't work properly if you do this.

helpme -- could you be having the same issues as pglock?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by srturner47 View Post
    pglock --

Ahhh!!! I think I have a better idea of what the problem is. The "TAX" you refer to is not the sales tax name. That is "Zero-Rated Sales" in this example. TAX just means its taxable. NON means non-taxable. Each item in a sales receipt must be listed as taxable or non-taxable. There must be some way to assign different codes for taxable vs. non-taxable items in Quickbooks. I never even realized that this could be done. Here's how to test this hypothesis:

Go into quickbooks. Add a sales receipt. Enter an item. Then hit tab twice. You should be under Tax. Then, click here. You should get a list of different things. For my QB file I have TAX and NON. Tax is for taxable goods. Non is for non-taxable goods. If you don't have Tax and Non QBSync won't work!!!

These are the defaults in QB, and I just assumed that everyone used them. I didn't even realize that you could add different codes -- but sure enough, there is "Add New" in this list. You'll need to add Tax and Non or change your codes to Tax and Non for QBSync to work properly. Sorry about that! I never realized that these codes were user definable.

helpme -- could you be having the same issues as pglock?
    I was hoping that was it, but no such luck. I am pretty sure it is a matching problem or that I am "missing" something in QB that is in my ZC. Can you explain the matching in the zc admin, I read it in the instructions, but frankly, I got kinda lost Also is there somewhere specific that I should be double checking my zc to make sure I have everything "matching" in qb, ex. the tax and non. I have gone through everything I can think of; shipping, payments, ot_coupon, ot_insurance, etc but that has to be my problem. The strange thing is I am not getting any errors, the orders just don't show up in qb, I almost feel like I am missing them, but I don't know where else to look (customers-invoices, sales receipts, etc)
    Thanks!!
    Teresa

Plugin Contributions

I've attached a screenshot of the VAT options. There was a 'Tax' and 'Non' option there. I changed them to 'TAX' and 'NON' and now the errors are about my shipping methods and some missing products:
    Code:
    Error:There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Item "whitesnowflakes" in
    the SalesReceipt line.  QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument.  The
    specified record does not exist in the list.
    Error:There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Item "Royal Mail 1st Class
    quot;Packet quot; (Great Britain and Northern Ireland only : 0.336 kg(s)):"
    in the SalesReceipt line.  QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument.  The
    quot;Packet quot; (Great Britain and Northern Ireland only : 0.515 kg(s)):"
    Error:There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Item "Zone Rates (Shipping
    to AU (2.16kg(s))):" in the SalesReceipt line.  QuickBooks error message:
    Invalid argument.  The specified record does not exist in the list.
    quot;Packet quot; (Great Britain and Northern Ireland only : 0.378 kg(s)):"
    quot;Packet quot; (Great Britain and Northern Ireland only : 0.011 kg(s)):"
    quot;Packet quot; (Great Britain and Northern Ireland only : 0.021 kg(s)):"
    quot;Packet quot; (Great Britain and Northern Ireland only : 0.091 kg(s)):"
    quot;Packet quot; (Great Britain and Northern Ireland only : 0.210 kg(s)):"
    quot;Packet quot; (Great Britain and Northern Ireland only : 0.021 kg(s)):"
    quot;Packet quot; (Great Britain and Northern Ireland only : 0.084 kg(s)):"
    Error:There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Item "lightgoldholo" in
    the SalesReceipt line.  QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument.  The
    Error:Object "8000008A-1261334980" specified in the request cannot be found.
    ...and so on. So, I may have fixed the Tax issues, now for the shipping modules!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I am getting the following error. Maybe someone can help. I am very new to PHP and Zen.

Version:
    Not provided by service

Description:
    QBWC1012: Authentication failed due to following error message.
    Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'.
    The request failed with the error message:
    --
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: require(includes/application_top.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>D:\Hosting\5411454\html\qbServer.php</b> on line <b>4</b><br />
    <br />
    <b>Fatal error</b>: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in <b>D:\Hosting\5411454\html\qbServer.php</b> on line <b>4</b><br />

--. See QWCLog for more details. Remember to turn logging on.

erick -- The file it is trying to require is part of Zen Cart. It should be in the includes directory. It should be D:\Hosting\5411454\html\includes\application_top.php for your server. Its not finding it there, hence the error. Are you sure that the directory that qbServer.php is located in is the root directory for your Zen Cart store? Another possibility -- I notice that your slashes are the other direction like they are on a Windows machine. That might cause problems as Linux slashes go the other direction. Try switching the slashes on line 4 of qbServer.php...might just do the trick!

pglock -- Mine are "Tax" and "Non" as well, and I had no problem with the mod using all caps for TAX and NON, so I am surprised that made a difference for you. Regardless, your problems now are with matching. That last one 8000008A-1261334980 is the list_id. This is a code that quickbooks associates with an order, customer, or item. It looks like either QBSync synced one of these and then you deleted it or QBSync found one and matched it and then you deleted it in QB. This will mess things up for you as QBSync is meant to go from ZC->QB. If something is deleted in QB, QBSync has no way of knowing this. The best way to deal with this is to delete things in ZC, then it will automatically delete it in QB. Please keep in mind always that this mod goes from ZC->QB and never the opposite direction. All changes should always be made in ZC. QB will then pick them up as long as you enable continuing sync. The best rule of thumb is never to mess with items or customers that were exported using QBSync. If you need to change them, change them in ZC only! Let continuing sync handle the rest. Also, keep in mind that if you enable deletion using continuing sync that if an old order ever gets exported with an item that is no longer in ZC, you might have issues!

To fix this I suppose you could search the database and find out what item it is associated with. Then, delete this item from the database table for QBSync. But, you probably have other issues as well. Another way to handle this would be to drop all the tables for QBSync and reinstall the sql patch. Then, set quickbooks to 0 in customers, orders, and items table. Then, run everything from scratch which will rebuild you database for the mod. Not pretty either way. You might be in over your head at this point. Whatever you do, BACKUP YOUR DB FIRST!!!

Most of the other errors are from shipping matching. You need to match your shipping types with a shipping item. The simplest way to do this is to simply use a * to indicate all shipping options in QB. Then match it to the name of a shipping item in QB. Delete all other shipping matches and you should be golden.

As for whitesnowflakes, thats an easy one. There is no whitesnowflakes item in QB. Hence, it can't be added to the order.

helpme - I don't know how to explain matching any simpler. You match the name in ZC to the one in QB. That is it.

Are you sure that the variable quickbooks in the items, orders, and customers tables are set to 0? If they are 1, nothing will happen.
    Last edited by srturner47; 16 Jan 2010 at 09:59 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by srturner47 View Post
    pglock -- See the things under Name in Quickbooks. Those are what you have to enter for matching. I see no S or Z there. That's your problem. So for example, TAX you might want to match it with Standard Purchases instead of S.

helpme -- What do you mean by inventory? This mod will not sync inventory levels. It will export the products themselves, but not how many are in stock. As for why they aren't importing, you'll have to check the error log for more details.
    Are there any plans on adding in inventory sync? If so, will it be bidirectional? (i.e. QB push back inventory level to ZC)

I'm not planning to add any more features at this time, but you or someone else could certainly do so.

FYI -- Bidirectionality adds a layer of complexity. If inventory levels in QB and ZC change you'd have to come up with rules on how to deal with this. Who gets priority? Or is there some system where the changes are merged? i.e. there are 7 of Widget A. 3 get sold in ZC. 2 from manual QB entries. New stock in QB is 5, in ZC is 4. When it syncs do they both become 4 or 5? Or... Does it recognize that 4 is 3 less and 5 is 2 less, so it subtracts both out, the net effect is minus 5. So, new inventory is 2 in QB and ZC when synced. And how do you handle it when you receive more inventory? You can see that this gets complicated fast. IMHO, it's much wiser to just choose QB or ZC and track inventory in one and then sync it one way if you decide to implement this.
    Last edited by srturner47; 17 Jan 2010 at 09:20 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I've been using QBSync while developing my site and everything has been working fine. I am close to launching the site and QBSync has developed an error. I have not changed anything directly with QBSync and I can't think of anything I did that would have changed the way it is working.

It gets an error at the beginning of trying to sync that shows in the error_log, but nothing gets logged to the Quick Books Sync Log in the administrator. Here are the only lines that get reported in error_log. I assume the first four errors are not relevant, but none of the others seem to make sense to me.

Code:
    PHP Fatal error:  Procedure 'serverVersion' not present in .../catalog/qbServer.php on line 374
    PHP Notice:  Object of class queryFactoryResult could not be converted to int in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Fatal error:  Procedure 'clientVersion' not present in .../catalog/qbServer.php on line 374
    PHP Notice:  Object of class queryFactoryResult could not be converted to int in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Notice:  Undefined property: stdClass::$companyFile in .../catalog/qbServer.php on line 41
    PHP Notice:  Undefined property: queryFactoryResult::$fields in .../catalog/quickbooksSync/qbClass.php on line 185
    PHP Notice:  Undefined property: queryFactoryResult::$fields in .../catalog/quickbooksSync/qbClass.php on line 185
    PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  company in .../catalog/quickbooksSync/qbClass.php on line 261
    PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in .../catalog/quickbooksSync/qbClass.php on line 242
    Thanks,

Bill
    Last edited by bpryor; 17 Jan 2010 at 05:18 PM.

These are mostly innocous. There are some warnings that are given off, but they shouldn't affect operation. Also, please keep in mind that when there are no changes to complete, the default behavior is to error out. Try adding something new -- customer, order, or item, and see if it works. I suspect it will work just fine.

FYI -- The only fatal error here is PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in .../catalog/quickbooksSync/qbClass.php on line 242. This is where continuing sync is called for customers. If you have a lot of customers, this may take awhile, as each customer is checked against the ZC database to see if any changes have occurred. If your server is slow, it may not be able to complete all the operations in less than 30 seconds. This may be especially true if you have a dumpy server that monitors CPU usage and restricts you when usage is high. Try turning off continuing sync if my previous suggestion doesn't work. That should fix your problem. And if it does, and you only have a few customers, I would think about using a better server. I have many thousands of customers and my server can still handle this. FYI--the bigger server companies tend to restrict CPU usage a lot. My humble advice, use a smaller server that is more flexible with CPU usage if this ends up being your issue.

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast