Thread: Quickbook Sync

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Default Re: Quickbook Sync

a> The 503 Error is not caused by running it in a browser, you should see a blank page.

Are you sure it is a 503? not a 500? 503 should have nothing to do with php at all that is a server problem.

Normally a 500 is still a server problem, i.e a module not loading, htaccess wrong, etc etc etc.

b> If you really want to do testing check out
    http://www.soapui.org/

Dunno why, but everything works fine with Web Connector for me (except for installing to QWC), but in a browser I always get 503. My server did forward an error to me -- I'd rather not post the whole thing because I don't know what it all means, but the gist of the error is:

--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
    +++ killed by SIGSEGV (core dumped) +++

they also sent me (some stuff ommited that I don't know what it means):

#1 (OMMITED) in zend_objects_destroy_object (object=(OMITTED), handle=(OMMITED)) at /home/cpeasyapache/src/php-5.2.9/Zend/zend_objects.c:78
    #2 0x0000000000000001 in ?? ()
    #3 0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
    (gdb) quit

My server runs litespeed instead of apache -- I wonder if this has something to do with this... I thought litespeed was supposed to be a drop-in replacement for apache, but who knows...

As for my progress with this, I did finish testing and everything is working great after ironing out a few more bugs, but then I decided to add another feature. It should be a few more days. I realized that Quickbooks Sync would be even better if it could actually sync instead of just exporting one-time. This was definitely tricky to implement, but it seems to be going well so far. I've implemented this with items (both non-inventory and inventory). It won't let me delete items (and frankly, this is probably not desirable, as it would fail if the item was ever on an invoice, sales order, or sales receipt), so I made items inactive in qb when deleted. I also set it up so that product model, name, and price could be updated at any time in ZC, and this would automatically sync with QB. One tricky problem I realized was that an inactive item could end up with the same model number as an active item, which obviously wouldn't work. But, I think I found a work-around for this by allowing Quickbooks Sync to "take-over" the inactive item that was deleted in zen cart, and convert it to an active item.

Now I need to implement the same functionality with customers. Sales Receipts, Sales Orders, and Invoices should be a little easier as Zen Cart doesn't allow modification, so all I'll have to implement is deletion of these. Of course, I'll make all of these optional for those who just want to export one-time.

Plugin Contributions

this may be a stupid question (sorry) but will this mod transfer enough info to figure cogs in quickbooks??? if not, can someone share what mod to use for that? I am at a loss and really need to find something that will work.
    thanks!

Not quite sure what you are looking for, but Quickbooks Sync will add items, assigning their COGS account and then use a standard markup to determine the purchase price for your zen cart items.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Koi Supplies UK View Post
    Hi you can add this xml line to the QWC file
    <CertURL>https://yoururl.com/</CertURL>
    I was getting this error also and this worked, thanks, you saved my hair! lol

Plugin Contributions

I am so close I can taste it, but when I try to use the web connect, I get Authentication Failed with this description:
    Version:
    Not provided by service
    Description:
    QBWC1012: Authentication failed due to following error message.
    Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=iso-8859-1', but expected 'text/xml'.
    The request failed with an empty response. See QWCLog for more details. Remember to turn logging on.

Quote Originally Posted by helpme View Post
    I am so close I can taste it, but when I try to use the web connect, I get Authentication Failed with this description:
    Version:
    Not provided by service
    Description:
    QBWC1012: Authentication failed due to following error message.
    Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=iso-8859-1', but expected 'text/xml'.
    The request failed with an empty response. See QWCLog for more details. Remember to turn logging on.

Since it is returning HTML, it is outputting an error of some kind, you will have to look at the logs to find out more

Plugin Contributions

Just wonder if anyone can help - would dearly like to get this working. Am getting the following error in the QWCLog:

20090818.17:28:46 UTC : QBWebConnector.CompanyFileLock.unsetLock() : Company file has been unlocked for ownerID = <{CD8D6B56-9AF2-11DD-ACC9-5D4756D89593}>
    20090818.17:28:46 UTC : QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.update() : Company file has been unlocked.
    20090818.17:28:46 UTC : QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.update() : Ending session to QuickBooks.
    20090818.17:28:46 UTC : QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.DisconnectFromQB() : Session ended and connection closed
    20090818.17:28:46 UTC : QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.do_closeConnection() : *** Calling closeConnection() with following parameter:<wcTicket="e79ed057f064cd7e4bb0748eebd575a5">
    20090818.17:28:46 UTC : QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.do_closeConnection() : QBWC1044: closeConnection failed
    Error message: The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine
    More info:
    StackTrace = at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at QBWebConnector.localhost.WCWebServiceDoc.closeConnection(String ticket)
    at QBWebConnector.localhost.WCWebService.closeConnection(String ticket)
    at QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.closeConnection(String wcTicket)
    at QBWebConnector.WebService.do_closeConnection(String wcTicket, Boolean success)

Have looked everywhere for some kind of pointer to a solution but no luck

TPHoare - That's a tricky error... You might try the developer forums at intuit.

Work continues on the next version. This has become a much larger project than I ever imagined. QbClass.php has ballooned from a little over 500 lines of code to a little over 2000 lines of code. I've finished the continuing sync functions (where orders, customers, and items are updated and deleted whenever you do so on Quickbooks). It's pretty incredible! It really does sync now, not just export. Anyway, I realized that only people who started with a new quickbooks file would reap the benefit from this, as the information needed for continuing sync to work is entered into the database when things are added. Hence, if it wasn't added from QBSync, it wouldn't work with Continuing Sync. That would limit the usefulness of this for many people who didn't want to start over with Quickbooks, so now I am creating a matching system that will find the info from Quickbooks and enter it into the database when it tries to add a product, order, or customer and it already exists in Quickbooks. The continuing sync functions were much more complicated to implement than I had previously imagined. I had to redesign many elements to make it work right all the time including:
    - A second, high priority que. This allows QBSync to do additional queries. This was important as several functions have two or three queries in a row now.
    -Several new tables in the database.
    -Adding customers and products to orders using ListID (a unique identifier in Quickbooks that cannot be changed by the user) instead of by name. Actually, pretty much everything is done by ListID now. For those that do not use Continuing Sync, this will be optional if you prefer to identify by Name -- but using ListID has many other benefits, so I would suggest using it.

I've added several new features. Here are some notable ones:
    -option to add customer comments to invoice, sales orders, or sales receipt
    -option to add attributes from products to invoice, sales orders, or sales receipt
    -Fixed an issue with the state name not always importing correctly for customers.
    -Continuing Sync is Done! :) This was over 700 lines of code alone!
    -Option to view only errors on Log Page.
    -Better email error reporting. One email tells everything about the errors from one session instead of one email per error.
    -Fixed an issue with admin log page that would cause the table to be very wide.

I'm really hoping to finish soon. It always seems like I reach a finishing point and then start seriously testing it, and I realize it either needs a new feature or has a major problem that needs fixing. I'm definitely close to the finish line though.
    Last edited by srturner47; 18 Aug 2009 at 09:16 PM.

Plugin Contributions

really stupid question, but where are the logs, I can't find them....boy this mod is bring the stupidity out! lol

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast