Thread: Quickbook Sync

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Default Re: Quickbook Sync

helpme - there is no link in v1. Just go to admin/qbAdmin.php. In the new version I am working on it will be under Admin->Tools Menu.

BTW - I found a fix (well really a workaround) for my problem with installing the Quickbooks Web Connector file for the first time. If you get this error:

QBWC1048: QuickBooks Web Connector could not verify the web application server certificate.

QBWC1051: The new application was not added

Browse to YOURSITE.com/qbServer.php -- If you get an error (I get a 503 for example), rename qbServer.php temporarily. Then, create a blank file for qbServer.php. Then, try installing to Quickbooks Web Connector again. It should install just fine. Then delete the blank qbServer.php and rename the correct one back to qbServer.php. Then, everything seems to work fine for me. Hope that helps somebody. I think there is a good chance this has something to do with my server, but I don't know what, and this workaround seems to do the job just fine.

It was tricky determining when done is done, but I've gone ahead and released Quickbooks Sync 2. I'm holding off on uploading it to Zen Cart's site for a couple of weeks in case there are initial bug reports from users that need to get worked out. This simply became too big to test every possibility. Some possibilities I couldn't even test -- for example: I don't have QB Premier, so I couldn't test Sales Orders. So please, post any problems you may have so that I can work out any remaining bugs. Consider this a release candidate -- It should work fine, but I am nervous about calling this done, and I'd rather avoid a litany of bug release versions if possible. If any changes need to be made, they should be small.

Until I decide it is safe to upload this as final to Zen Cart's site, you can click on the link on my signature to download it. Its free -- just select the free options and go through checkout. If you're feeling lazy and don't want to go through a checkout, I will also keep a copy at www.zencartmod.com/qbSync.zip until I upload the final to Zen Cart's website.

A huge thanks to the_ancient for his/her work on this. I'd never even heard of QBWC or SOAP until I started working on this, so it wouldn't have been possible without the work of the_ancient.

One last note -- Without identifying the company file, you cannot run the Web Connector without the Quickbooks file being open. It looks like the_ancient has left some code in this that may have to do with this, but I haven't tried to figure it out yet. Is it easy to do the_ancient? If you'll let us know about this I'd be happy to add it to the documentation.

Enjoy!

V2.0 CHANGELOG
    -Continuing Sync
    -Matching System for Continuing Sync
    -option to add customer comments to invoice, sales orders, or sales receipt
    -option to add attributes from products to invoice, sales orders, or sales receipt
    -Created a matching system that allows multiple shipping types, sales taxes, payment methods, and
    discounts/fees. These are now stored in the database, and I've created an Admin page that allows you
    to do your matching. Default is to pass through the Zen Cart values to Quickbooks. All other values
    need to be matched.
    -Implemented 2 advanced matching features: 1) * in Zen Cart value will indicated that all values NOT
    yet matched should follow this rule. 2) * in Quickbooks value will indicate that this should be passed
    through from Zen Cart.
    -Setup matching such that values need only CONTAIN the Zen Cart value to match. They do not need
    to match exactly. This will make it easier to match things, as many values are not static. For example, if
    your shipping is "UPS Ground (xxx pounds)", the xxx will change everytime. But, using "UPS Ground"
    in your Zen Cart matching value will always work for this because it contains "UPS Ground". This also
    will fix many problems with html codes appearing in matching values.
    -Updated tables definitions with DB_PREFIX so that you don't have to anymore.
    -Fixed issues that could cause errors including: truncating all QBXML fields to maximum values,
    replacing all characters with accents, ^, ~, etc... above them with their standard ASCII character without
    the accent, ^, ~, etc..., automatically removing all other characters above and beyond the 128 standard
    ASCII characters and replacing them with a ? (QB Web Connector doesn't like these characters!)
    -Implemented Payment Methods
    -Changed so that products will be taxable or nontaxable on sales receipt based on whether or not they
    were taxed on this particular order. Previously, they just took the defaults in Quickbooks, which caused
    problems in some cases. Also added ability to force tax or non-tax.
    -Added ability to add products as tax or non-tax.
    -invoices added
    -Choose whether or not invoices, sales receipts, or sales orders are used based on payment name.
    -ability to add products as non-inventory part
    -move configuration values other than matching to zen cart table so you can configure from admin
    -ability to choose whether or not to add products from zen cart after the first time you run QB Web
    Connector.
    -create an option for QB Sync to use a standard tax name for items that weren't taxed in Zen Cart
    -add option to override whether or not products were taxed or not and simply tax or not tax all items
    (the reason I added the last two is that this will help people that have assigned a 0% tax so that they
    can track their taxable vs. non-taxable orders -- very helpful when sales tax is due -- I highly
    recommend it!)
    -create files that will make links to qbAdmin.php and the new qbMatch.php accessible from the admin
    menu -- no more typing the url!
    -Create ability to limit log entries to a certain number. Oldest get deleted first.
    -Send error emails to you when there is a problem.
    -Added customizable order number format.
    - Created ability to ignore Preferred Vendor which allows products to be added without setting up
    manufacturers as Vendors.
    -Added ability to set orders up as “to be emailed” in addition to “to be printed”.
    -Added ability to set terms for Sales Orders/Invoices as an alternative to payment methods for Sales
    Receipts.
    -A second, high priority que. This allows QBSync to do additional queries. This was important as
    several functions have two or three queries in a row now.
    -Several new tables in the database.
    -Adding customers and products to orders using ListID (a unique identifier in Quickbooks that cannot be
    changed by the user) instead of by name. Actually, pretty much everything is done by ListID now. For
    those that do not use Continuing Sync, this will be optional if you prefer to identify by Name -- but using
    ListID has many other benefits, so I would suggest using it.
    -Fixed an issue with the state name not always importing correctly for customers.
    -Option to view only errors on Log Page.
    -Fixed an issue with admin log page that would cause the table to be very wide.
    -I may have missed some enhancements, but these are the major ones!

Plugin Contributions

I am at a total lost now. I went into the admin/qbAdmin.php and there is nothing written as a log....only the orginal file is there. I have tried to change permissions to 777 but that did nothing more than give me an error.
    I installed the new version (thank you all for all your work!) and I am still getting the same error.
    So with the new version I go into tools>Quickbooks Sync Log and there is nothing logged, only the headers/footers.
    I also have added my email address to the QBSync under configuration and no email was sent either.
    I have changed the password on my admin site several times to see if the # of characters made a difference, all of my domains, admin folder is set correctly.
    Anyone have any ideas??? It is like it is not getting access to my admin site, but I don't see why.
    thanks again!

helpme - Check and make sure that the session and log tables were correctly created using phpmyadmin. Also, make sure all the files are in the right place. qbAdmin.php might not be loading qbClass correctly. Make sure the quickbookssync folder is named EXACTLY the same as it is (including case) in the mod.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by srturner47 View Post
    helpme - Check and make sure that the session and log tables were correctly created using phpmyadmin. Also, make sure all the files are in the right place. qbAdmin.php might not be loading qbClass correctly. Make sure the quickbookssync folder is named EXACTLY the same as it is (including case) in the mod.
    Thanks again for your help. I have looked in phpmyadmin and both the quickbooks log and quickbooks sessions are in there. I went through all of my files again and everything looks to be exactly the same as it is in the mod. I checked my who's online right after I tried to run the webconnect and I am getting a "hit" to the qbServer.php I so it is finding it.

Plugin Contributions

Don't want to be a pain but I am still struggling to get SOAP to work - I have narrowed the first error to the following:

20090820.18:38:22 UTC : QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.do_sendRequestXML() : qbNationality="US"
    20090820.18:38:22 UTC : QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.do_sendRequestXML() : qbXMLMajorVers="6"
    20090820.18:38:22 UTC : QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.do_sendRequestXML() : qbXMLMinorVers="0"
    20090820.18:38:22 UTC : QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.do_sendRequestXML() : QBWC1041: SendRequestXML failed.
    Error message: The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine
    More info:
    StackTrace = at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at QBWebConnector.localhost.WCWebServiceDoc.sendRequestXML(String ticket, String strHCPResponse, String strCompanyFileName, String qbXMLCountry, Int32 qbXMLMajorVers, Int32 qbXMLMinorVers)
    at QBWebConnector.localhost.WCWebService.sendRequestXML(String ticket, String strHCPResponse, String strCompanyFileName, String qbXMLCountry, Int32 qbXMLMajorVers, Int32 qbXMLMinorVers)
    at QBWebConnector.SOAPWebService.sendRequestXML(String wcTicket, String HCPResponseXML, String cfn, String qbNationality, Int32 qbXMLMajorVers, Int32 qbXMLMinorVers)
    at QBWebConnector.WebService.do_sendRequestXML(Int32 x, String wcTicket, String HCPResponseXML, String cfn, String qbNationality, Int32 qbXMLMajorVers, Int32 qbXMLMinorVers, Boolean& timeout)

We are in the UK so qbNationality="US" seems at odds since the Quickbooks version is referred to as "UK" earlier in the log. The Intuit developers forum members clearly come from a completely different planet because I only really understand about one word in ten. Real shame because I can see that we could make real use of this. Cheers

helpme -- I am almost certain that your problem is that qbAdmin.php is not including qbClass.php for some reason. Don't know why though... Try copying the contents of qbClass to the beginning of qbAdmin.php. If that fixes it then this is your problem.

TPHoare -- do you have a link to the intuit thread you posted on? That could be very useful info.

Found a bug with NonInventory Update Errors and fixed it. I also added another feature that allows you to use the Specials Price when it exists if you so choose. I took out the wide log table fix, as it wasn't working well, and some have reported that wordwrap can be a potential PHP security problem. Better to deal with this using CSS in a future update or just leave it alone.

For those who downloaded the previous release candidate I released a couple days ago, you'll need to apply this SQL Patch before updating to the newest release candidate:

Code:
    SET @qbsid=2622;
    SELECT (@qbsid:=configuration_group_id) as qbsid
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title= 'Quickbooks Sync';

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES 	('','QBS - Products Added With Special Price', 'QBS_SPECIAL_PRICE', '1', '0-Use Regular Price 1-Use Special Price', @qbsid, 145, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
    This is ONLY for those who are upgrading from the previous release candidate of v2. For those upgrading from v1, the newest release candidate will have the correct SQL updates already. Please note that if you are upgrading from the previous release candidate and you choose to leave special pricing on, your next sync should be big, as all products that have special pricing will update their pricing to reflect this.

The newest release candidate can be downloaded using the same two methods I posted about before. So far, no bug reports, which is good! But, I know the pool of people who have tried updating must be small. Any and all reports of bugs or problems would be appreciated! If I don't hear anything in the next 3-4 days, I'll go ahead and release this as final. I've continued testing on my end, and other than the small problem with error reports that I fixed, all appears to be working well.

Well, all seems well so far. No bug reports. A few people have emailed with problems, but they sound like mistakes with installation or issues with their servers. No real positive reports, which worries me a little, but I think most people are inclined to post or email only when they are having trouble.

I'm ready to call v2 finished. I just wish I could include documentation about how to use your company name so that you can run QBSync without having Quickbooks open. I know the_ancient has been busy lately, but maybe someday he'll be able to post how this might be done.

I'll go ahead and upload it to Zen Cart's Free Software Add-Ons. The previous link I gave you will no longer work. The link in my signature will continue to work as long as you don't mind going through a checkout process as well.

Enjoy!

Plugin Contributions

red flag Quick Question

Please forgive me as I am new to ZenCart and Quickbooks. I am investigating solutions for a client who wishes to integrate their Quickbooks POS system into a shopping cart. Basically they will maintain everything in quickbooks and sync to a web site. Is that basically what this module will do?

What I'm reading seems to indicate ZenCart will post back to WebConnector, but there is no two way communication between ZenCart and WebConnector.

Is this correct or have I misunderstood something?

Thanks;
    Michael

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast