Plugin Contributions

Default Need to get rid of Store name and switch banners/images with language

Hi, I am relatively new to this.
    My website is:
    http://www.healthygourmetmarket.com

I need to get rid of the Store Name text which is showing up on the header image.
    I don't want to completely delete it in admin though, because then the Welcome email is affected.
    How can I do that?

Also, I want to translate the banner (image) into french when the french language is selected.
    Right now its just the same image for both languages.

One more thing, when you go to an item, like here:
    http://www.healthygourmetmarket.com/...products_id=33
    The product image shows up in English but when you click the french flag the image doesn't show.
    How do I fix this?

(I know the "Back to listings" button doesn't show up, I haven't made that button yet).

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need to get rid of Store name and switch banners/images with language

Quote Originally Posted by HGMstore View Post
    Hi, I am relatively new to this.
    My website is:
    http://www.healthygourmetmarket.com

I need to get rid of the Store Name text which is showing up on the header image.
    I don't want to completely delete it in admin though, because then the Welcome email is affected.
    How can I do that?

Also, I want to translate the banner (image) into french when the french language is selected.

The product image shows up in English but when you click the french flag the image doesn't show.
    How do I fix this?

(I know the "Back to listings" button doesn't show up, I haven't made that button yet).

Thank you!
    How can I do that?
    open includes/templates/orange/tpl_header.php

Find the following section of code and delete the highlighted portion(s)
    Code:
        <div id="logo"><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">' . zen_image($template->get_template_dir(HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'images'). '/' . HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE, HEADER_ALT_TEXT, HEADER_LOGO_WIDTH, HEADER_LOGO_HEIGHT) . '</a>'; ?></div>
    After making the changes, save the file and upload to your server.

create your french language banner and save it to:
    open includes/templates/orange/images/header-bg-fr.jpg

upload the new image to your server

make a copy of your current stylesheet.css and rename it to:
    french_stylesheet.css

Now locate the following section in the new stylesheet and make the highlighted change.

#logoWrapper {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    width: 100%;
    display: block;
    background: url('../images/header-bg-fr.jpg') center no-repeat; height: 220px;
    }

Save the new stylesheet and upload to your server.

How do I fix this?
    Not sure about this one, On my test sites all I've done is upload the product image and it shows up whenever I switch languages.

Hope this helps

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need to get rid of Store name and switch banners/images with language

Thanks so much Clyde.
    I will try all this, looks like the header thing worked.

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Ok well I was able to get almost everything working (Thanks to Clyde )

But I am still having problems getting the product images to show up on the French version. I tried creating new categories/products and it didn't work.

It's strange because all the pictures work in all instances except when you view one product by itself. When its in a list I can see the images fine, I can see them in the showcase and everything.
    http://www.healthygourmetmarket.com/...=index&cPath=8

It's like the .php file or whatever for the actual product page is set to the wrong folder for the images. Right now all the images are under shop/images. And when I try and create a new product listing it only lets me upload one image (for both) but it only works for english.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

BTW heres my site:
    www.healthygourmetmarket.com

Plugin Contributions

But I am still having problems getting the product images to show up on the French version. I tried creating new categories/products and it didn't work.

It's strange because all the pictures work in all instances except when you view one product by itself. When its in a list I can see the images fine, I can see them in the showcase and everything.

It's like the .php file or whatever for the actual product page is set to the wrong folder for the images. Right now all the images are under shop/images. And when I try and create a new product listing it only lets me upload one image (for both) but it only works for english.

Thanks!

BTW heres my site:
    Just a thought. and I should have mentioned it before.

You might want to delete everything in the french_stylesheet.css except this declaration.

#logoWrapper { margin: 0; padding: 0; width: 100%; display: block; background: url('../images/header-bg-fr.jpg') center no-repeat; height: 220px; }

It won't effect the way the site displays (except for the heading) and you won't be duplicating everything from the original stylesheet.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clydejones View Post
    Just a thought. and I should have mentioned it before.

You might want to delete everything in the french_stylesheet.css except this declaration.

#logoWrapper { margin: 0; padding: 0; width: 100%; display: block; background: url('../images/header-bg-fr.jpg') center no-repeat; height: 220px; }

It won't effect the way the site displays (except for the heading) and you won't be duplicating everything from the original stylesheet.

Thanks!

BTW heres my site:

Open includes/languages/french.php

On Line #295: find this define statement
    define('TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE', 'Agrandir l\'image');

and change it as follows:

define('TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE', 'Agrandir l\407image');

This thread discusses this problem:
    www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102633

hope this helps

Plugin Contributions

WOW you are amazing that worked perfectly!
    Thanks so much!!!

Plugin Contributions

WOW you are amazing that worked perfectly!
    Thanks so much!!!
    Glad you got it sorted.