Plugin Contributions

Default Help! Can't get UK Maestro Cards to work!

I would really appreciate some help! I cannot get UK Maestro Cards to work at all, I've tried live transactions with my own card and I get a 10513 error returned.

I have Solo, Switch and Maestro cards turned on in the admin and Website Payments Pro and Paypal Express Checkout (Pro 2 Payflow edition UK) all turned on.

I've doubled checked all the API settings and it would appear they are correct.

I did notice that in Stage 3 of the checkout after selecting Maestro Card, it summarizes the data as a Switch Card? Not sure if this has anything to do with it? I also spoke to Paypal who said they don't support Maestro cards!!!

Please can somebody tell me what's going on!! Many thanks, Andrew

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help! Can't get UK Maestro Cards to work!

My posts #7 and #10 from this discussion may be of some help to you: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...432#post586432

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte,

Thanks very much.

Before I edit the code to suit is the fault with Zen Cart or Paypal or my admin settings? It seems odd to me that this doesn't work without messing with the php files?

Andrew

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Making those changes will simply allow you to collect more card details when switch/solo/maestro are selected from the pulldown.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok yes I understand that now thank you.

However, isn't all the required data already collected when someone selects Maestro? The Issue Number, Exp Date etc fields were already enabled and there's no more info I could put in?

I must admit I'm quite in the dark with this issue so I really do appreciate your help!

Andrew

Edited to add: I've just tried it again with a Maestro card and the error returned is:

ALERT: PayPal Direct Payment Error (7 <!-- Field format error: 10513-This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a last name. -->)

this is odd as the last name was entered correctly?!
    Last edited by Maxpoly; 21 Oct 2008 at 10:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hmmm ... 10513 -- means it's complaining that a surname hasn't been supplied.

Please turn on debug-log-to-file in your Pro module, and try the transaction again. Then post a copy of the log file containing CURL in the filename.
    Debug logging: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

Plugin Contributions

Hello Dr Byte,

Thats all done the file is here:

www.maxpoly.co.uk/site2/Paypal_CURL_1224626143_ER3u.log

I've added the @@@@ symbols for security but the bits covered were correct as far as i could tell.

Many thanks again, Andrew

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It seems PayPal must have changed the rules on how their API works. It used to accept "NAME" as the full name of the customer, not allowing for FIRSTNAME and LASTNAME separately.

Try this:

/includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_curl.php
    lines 197-199 are this:
    Code:
          if (($fname . $lname) !== null && !isset($values['NAME'])) {
              $values['NAME'] = $fname . ' ' . $lname;
          }
    Change those 3 lines to this instead:
    Code:
          $values['FIRSTNAME'] = $fname;
          $values['LASTNAME'] = $lname;
          if (isset($values['NAME'])) unset($values['NAME']);

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte,

Many thanks for that, seems to work fine. I put my own maestro card through a live transaction and it went through fine. It still said it was a Switch card though!

Is this issue somehow related to the error I get with Express Checkout here:

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. (7) 7 - Field format error: 10731-The field Shipping Address Country is required

I started a thread in the Express Checkout Section and would be very grateful for your advice.

Best regards and thanks, Andrew