Plugin Contributions

Default is there an easy way to change all the prices on my website by a percentage?

hi there,

Due to world currencies falling so badly I have no option but to raise the prices of all my products by a certain percentage. Is there a tool or way of doing this in one step or do I have to go through 100s of items changing them one at a time.

please let me know as I would like to do this asap.

Many thanks,

Kish

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: is there an easy way to change all the prices on my website by a percentage?

If you want to increase the price of all your products paid for by customers in a different currency, you could do this by increasing the currency conversion factor (Admin > Configuration > My Store).

Or if you simply want to increase the price of all products by the same percentage, then you could run a SQL script, such as
    UPDATE products SET products_price = products_price * 1.05;
    through the Admin > Tools > Install SQL Patches utility. This would increase all prices by 5%, but would not take account of any attribute pricing. And of course, you should backup your database first.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: is there an easy way to change all the prices on my website by a percentage?

is there any way to make this work for only one category (that includes sub-categories)?
    one of my suppliers has just put their prices up by 2.5%

Plugin Contributions

Yes, but how would depend upon your category structure. Are you using linked categories or just the inititial category into which each product is allocated when first entered (the "master" category)?

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

thanks for your quick reply!

there are no linked categories... the structure is:

Categories / Products - Parts & Accessories > Huggers & Screens > (then 10 sub categories)

it's everything in Huggers & Screens and sub cats that i need to change

Plugin Contributions

You will need a list of those sub category IDs. If they are categories 2,3, ..., 11 for example, you could run something like the following:
    UPDATE products SET products_price = products_price * 1.05 WHERE master_categories_id IN (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11);
    After backuping up your database, of course.

Plugin Contributions

cool... thanks for that,
    i've just about got the hang of butchering php but sql still scares me!!! :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kishcm View Post
    hi there,

Due to world currencies falling so badly I have no option but to raise the prices of all my products by a certain percentage. Is there a tool or way of doing this in one step or do I have to go through 100s of items changing them one at a time.

please let me know as I would like to do this asap.

Many thanks,

Kish
    There is an easy way..very easy and flexible module you can download. I am using it and it's great . Called "sitewide_markup_v1.1"
    Downunder QLD