Default shopping cart - hide the Cart Quantity Update button when not needed

I found it inconvenient that the cart quantity update button is always visible even for articles where the quantity can not be changed.
    In such cases the button does not have any function and should better be hidden.

Here is a fix that I created:

in tpl_shopping_cart_default.php look for these lines:
    Code:
    <?php
      if ($product['buttonUpdate'] == '') {
        echo '' ;
      } else {
        echo $product['buttonUpdate'];
      }
    ?>
    and change them to:
    Code:
    <?php
      if ($product['buttonUpdate'] == '' || $product['flagShowFixedQuantity'] ) {
        echo '' ;
      } else {
      }
    ?>
    BTW: $product['flagShowFixedQuantity'] and $product['showFixedQuantity'] seem identical to me. Is there any reason why there are two fields in the array holding the same information? Thanks!

Default Re: shopping cart - hide the Cart Quantity Update button when not needed

One thing that is bothering me:
    I just found that this modification does not only remove the Cart Quantity Update button but also a hidden input field that I don't quite understand:
    Code:
    <input name="products_id[]" value="11:f3c45f2df15c4d1605fbe80af8038a78" type="hidden">
    Q: Should this input field better be preserved or can I remove it without any danger when removing the cart quantity update button? (and what does it do?)
    Thanks!

Default Re: shopping cart - hide the Cart Quantity Update button when not needed

one more question:

Evaluating the condition
    Code:
     if ($product['buttonUpdate'] == '')
    does not seem to make much sense in the first place. To me it looks like $product['buttonUpdate'] is never an empty string as I found when looking at the code in
    includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header_php.php:

somewhere around line 140:
    Code:
    $buttonUpdate = ((SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_UPDATE == 1 or SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_UPDATE == 3) ? zen_image_submit(ICON_IMAGE_UPDATE, ICON_UPDATE_ALT) : '') . zen_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]', $products[$i]['id']);
    ($buttonUpdate gets later assigned to $productArray['buttonUpdate'])
    Is that an error or have I missed something? Thanks!

Hi,

I agree with the above problem description and I have the same issue.

I think having two "update cart" buttons is not necessary (the "top" one next to the product image and text, and the "bottom" one next to "continue shopping").

I want to remove the top one. I found that if I comment out line 80 in my tpl_shopping_cart_default.php :

the top button does disappear but the function "update cart" stops working (when clicking the bottom button).

Any help ?

Denis

Ooops... posted to quickly, found the solution :

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ration_-_Stock (bottom of the page) :

================

Show Shopping Cart - Update Cart Button Location
    (Admin - Catalog)

Controls the location of the Update Cart button in the Shopping Cart.
    Options are:

* 1 = Next to each Qty Box
    * 2 = Below all Products
    * 3 = Both Next to each Qty Box and Below all Products

Default: 3

================

Dause, even that does not explain how to completely remove the button for fixed quantity products, it still looks better having one button below rather than a button next to the product.

Denis

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: shopping cart - hide the Cart Quantity Update button when not needed

Quote Originally Posted by dlg_ie View Post
    even that does not explain how to completely remove the button for fixed quantity products, it still looks better having one button below rather than a button next to the product.
    I agree. In my case the shopping cart can have only one item of each product (per order).

I managed to remove the the Cart Quantity Update button next to each product ( Admin > Configuration > Stock > Show Shopping Cart - Update Cart Button Location = 2).

Is the only way to remove the shared (bottom) Cart Quantity Update button via hacking tpl_shopping_cart_default.php as dause described?

Thanks.