if ($customer_check->fields['customers_tax_exempt'] = "ALL") {
    to
    Code:
    if (strtoupper($customer_check->fields['customers_tax_exempt']) == "ALL") {
    LadyHLG

Default Re: Local Sales Tax Mod - Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by artcoder View Post
    Hello SuperSnow and jeking and LadyHLG:

I am able to reproduce the "display issues" mentioned by SuperSnow and jeking on version 1.3.9h and Local Sales Mod 2.5.

Better yet, there is a code fix of this display issue as described linked here.

The issue is really really difficult to describe in text or email. The above link with pictures really makes it clear.

To reproduce the problem, you can configure the setting as shown linked heresears.

Hopeful, the code fix can be incorporated into the next version of Local Sales Tax Mod? I do find the Local Sales Tax mod to be quite useful.
    Thanks for it.
    I appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

Here's the Florida county sales tax rates for 2011 by zipcode. Changes for this year:

Alachua county: dropped from 6.75% to 6.25%

Bay county: raised from 6% to 6.5%

Palm Beach county: dropped from 6.5% to 6%
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

I'm having a hard time getting this mod to calculate correctly. I've got Zen Cart 1.3.9h and local sales tax mod 2.5. I've got two zones defined for Arkansas, one is the state sales tax, and the other is the state's grocery tax rate. When the local sales tax mod is turned off, everything computes as it should. When I add in the local taxes, and set it to search the zip codes the calculations get off. I've attached a screenshot showing the debugging output on the checkout page. I've also tried the fix that's mentioned above about the display error, but it doesn't fix the problem either. It removes all but one of the local taxes (should be a "taxable good" tax and a grocery tax), and the calculation is still off. The order total doesn't match up to the subtotal + shipping + taxes. I'm using the flat rate shipping module and it's supposed to add tax for shipping too, but it's not doing it. I also tried it with a couple of other shipping modules, but no luck. I've also deleted and reinstalled the local sales tax table, but it didn't change anything.

[SCR]http://www.thespringsprouts.com/checkoutpage.jpg[/SCR]
    Last edited by Kim; 5 May 2011 at 10:59 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Discombobulationist,
    I think perhaps you need to explain your taxing structure, from the screen shot things are a bit confusing.

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHLG View Post
    supersnow,
    Can you try this update to see it this takes care of your problems:
    in functions_local_taxes.php
    change line 25 from
    Code:
        if ($customer_check->fields['customers_tax_exempt'] = "ALL") {
    to
    Code:
    if (strtoupper($customer_check->fields['customers_tax_exempt']) == "ALL") {
    LadyHLG
    Thanks for the update - sorry it took so long to see the update.

I just tried it and it still isn't working. The local tax is still calculated for exempt customers. The state sales tax shows as $0.00 but the local tax is then displayed under this with an amount.

Thanks again for your help
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Plugin Contributions

Hello everyone,

I think this is my first post! (Second now because I posted this as its own thread and on this because its relevant to this Mod - I hope thats OK)

I found your conversations very helpful in getting local sales tax set up on my installation. Because of this I'd like to return the favor by posting the complete dump of my tax_rate_local table.

Find it here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178029
    This contains all counties and cities (the ones within counties that have another rate or seperate collection) all with their own tax rate and associated zip codes.

I know that some people have said that zip codes are not exact, but this works for me. I dont think any method will ever be exact.

SCHNiKEN
    www.schnikensolutions.com

Plugin Contributions

I find I'm needing help after installing the mod. I have the newest version of Zen Cart and installed the sales tax mod today. I've entered all 58 local sales tax counties and entered all of the zipcodes for each county using a semicolon between each zip code.

I do not have debugging mode on and wanted to test to make sure the sales tax calculated correctly. Now when I'm in the checkout, I have rows of entries that have local sales tax of $0 and some with actual amounts. I have no idea why this is happening. I've reviewed my list of zip codes and haven't duplicated zip codes. I'm at DDandLamber.com if you want to test it out and duplicate the problem. You'll have to use a Washington State zip code 99001 or 98207 to test the tax portion.

I've also attached a screenshot jpg of the problem.

Thank you,
    Amber
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

The update is that I read a couple of posts up on how to fix the glitch with a move of a } and adding a break to the code. Thankfully it worked perfectly!!!!

Thank you to everyone who helps support this mod and to the author of the mod! THANK YOU!

Amber

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHLG View Post
    Discombobulationist,
    I think perhaps you need to explain your taxing structure, from the screen shot things are a bit confusing.

LadyHLG
    My state, Arkansas, has two tax classes. One is for taxable goods and it is 6%. For groceries, Arkansas only charges 2%. The cities don't differentiate, so in the screenshot, you can see that Fort Smith has a 3.25% Sales Tax and Greenwood has a 3% Sales tax. All of my products are either in the Taxable Goods tax class or Grocery tax class. So, I set my zone definitions as AR Sales Tax (6%) and AR Grocery Tax (2%).
    In the Local Sales Tax Mod, I set each city with a Taxable goods rate and a grocery tax rate, even though they are taxed at the same rate at the city level. In the screenshot, it correctly shows in the cart area that the toilet bowl cleaner should be taxed at 9% and the ground beef at 5%, since the delivery address is in Greenwood. The Fort Smith taxes are also showing, but I can fix that with the fix posted by artcoder. Although that fix also removes one of my local taxes (either the grocery tax or the taxable goods tax, whichever is listed first).
    I set the shipping charges to be taxed at the taxable goods rate, and again it appears that the AR taxes are being computed correctly, but I can't get the local tax to add on the shipping tax too. And then when you start adding the subtotal, shipping, and taxes, it doesn't add up to the total.
    Sorry if this is confusing, I'm sure I've got something configured wrong. I have tried it a few different ways, but still no luck. I set my AR zone tax rates to 0% and put my local sales taxes to 9% and 5% for Greenwood, and 9.25% and 5.25% for Fort Smith, and that didn't work either.

Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast