Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Local Sales Tax Mod - Support Thread

Hi Don,
    Somewhere in your upgrade process you missed the step to remove and then reinstall the mod.
    Its a simple process. Just go to the Admin,
    Modules -> Order Total -> Local Sales Tax, make note of your settings there and then uninstall the mod (just click the remove button at the top). Dont worry, you wont loose your tax data. Once its been uninstalled, reinstall it. You should now see the debugging options in the admin.
    Hope that helps.
    Have a good weekend.
    LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

Hi LadyHLG,

Thanks for your feedback. I thought I did do that but apparently not. To verify, after uninstalling through Admin, Modules -> Order Total -> Local Sales Tax which instructions do I follow to re-install?

When I read for the instructions for 2.3 it said that version was for upgrade only, and to install 2.2 first. So I went to 2.2 and looked at the instructions for upgrade which told me to install 2.0a first. 2.0a's install instructions said if I had 1.1 (which I believe I did) just do an upgrade to get to 2.0a. I did that, and then did an upgrade to 2.2, then I installed the 2.3 upgrade. Are those the wrong steps? Should I just go straight to a particular version?

thanks,
    Don

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by donplay View Post
    Hi LadyHLG,

Hope you're having a good holiday weekend. First off thank you for the great contribution. I've been trying to upgrade from a previous to the most current version but have run into a problem. I was on 1.0 or 1.1 (not positive, it was so long ago) and followed the upgrade instructions to go up to 2.0a first, then 2.2, then added 2.3 (per instructions that 2.3 was upgrade only). I seem to be close but I see 2 things wrong, maybe you can help pinpoint the problem which seem debug related. I've gone back and done manual file by file comparisons with the 2.2 and 2.3 upgrade files and everything seems like it's right.

1) I don't seem to have the Debug Option visible in the admin in Modules -> Order Total -> Local Sales Tax.
    2) On the payment page during checkout it lists a line for every single local tax rate in the following format. Seems like the debug option is on which I can't turn off in admin because of issue #1.

Local Tax Rec ID: 2196
    Tax Name: 11201 NYC Sales Tax 4.375% - 6.13

[etc...lists 2205 of these, one for each local sales tax]

Tax based on customer shipping zone 43
    2205 matching tax zones found

Appreciate the mod contribution and all your help...hope you have a good holiday weekend.

thanks,
    Don
    Ah...nevermind. After doing all those steps I just did the uninstall/re-install through admin and the debug statements have gone away on the payment page. Seems like I'm good!

I did all the steps for upgrade on my test server. I'm going to do it on the real server today but wanted to ask - do I have to take all those incremental upgrade steps from 1.1 to 2.0a, then to 2.2, then to 2.3, or is there a more straightforward way to upgrade from 1.1 to 2.3?

thanks,
    Don

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHLG View Post
    psychicpet,
    In order to upload the data you will need to get the data organized first. The data provided as is from the state of CA will not work as I am sure there are duplicate city names (this happens when a city spans more than one county and therefore may have different tax rates for different parts of the city in each county). The only way you can have duplicate city names is if you are using counties as zones and each city name is linked to a different zone (i.e county). This is not a simple process, but is much more accurate than assigining a single tax rate to a city name.

If you do not want to use the cities by county method then you will have remove all the duplicate city names otherwise you will run into problems with the tax mod.

Once you get the data organized that far I can help you get it into the proper format to upload via mysql.

LadyHLG
    Has any one gotten this to work for CA? We are working on a cart for a customer in CA, who would like to accurately collect CA sales tax. If so, would that some body be willing to share their findings with us?

Plugin Contributions

Don,
    Unfortunately I do believe you have to go through each step, as each one adds different components.
    LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jprough View Post
    Has any one gotten this to work for CA? We are working on a cart for a customer in CA, who would like to accurately collect CA sales tax. If so, would that some body be willing to share their findings with us?
    I too would be interested in this. I'm just in the process of uploading version 2.0a of this mod and will eventually have to do something similar to you. why can't all the tax zones be the same?

fortunately we have this help thread to save us (hopefully)

Plugin Contributions

I have the most recent version of zencart (installed last week) and just downloaded version 2.0a of this mod. The installation instructions said to "(1) Copy all files inside the catalog folder to your cart"

So I see an "admin" and an "include" subfolder. Each of those have many different subfolders. Last time I tried to install someone else's mod I messed everything up and had to reinstall zencart. This explains what I think is a very basic question:

After opening all the subfolders, I see there are a total of 8 php files that come with the "local sales tax" mod. I'm assuming that rather than copying any of the subfolders, I should just locate the individual files and then copy them separately into my Store/Admin/wherever
    according to the individual series of folders and subfolders shown in the tax mod that I downloaded?
    Last edited by Snicklefritz; 9 Dec 2009 at 08:05 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Snicklefritz,
    If moving the files over one at a time is how you wish to do it then go ahead that will work just fine.
    Might a suggest you back up your database and site files before you start. That way if anything happens all you have to do is return to the backup files and start over.

Good luck withe the install.

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHLG View Post
    Snicklefritz,
    If moving the files over one at a time is how you wish to do it then go ahead that will work just fine.
    Might a suggest you back up your database and site files before you start. That way if anything happens all you have to do is return to the backup files and start over.

Good luck withe the install.

LadyHLG

ok I copied everything over. How do I run the sql file? (I'm really new at this)

Plugin Contributions

In the cart admin go to Tools -> Install SQL Patches

From there you can either upload the sql file or copy and paste the contents of the file.

Good Luck,
    LadyHLG

Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast