Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Local Sales Tax Mod - Support Thread

Welcome!

Support Thread for the Local Sales Tax Module
    Available for Download --> HERE

I thought it was time to begin a new support thread for the Local Sales Tax Mod mainly because the old thread was getting a bit lengthy and the title was somewhat misleading since the mod has moved way beyond the testing phase.

The previous support thread can be found Here

A Little Info on the Mod
    The module should apply tax based on the field you choose options are Zip Code, City, and Suburb.
    It should also compound the tax to whatever zone taxes you already have set up.
    Which means you can apply multiple taxes to any zone based on different criteria.

Even though this mod does not overwrite any core files or effect any data tables, its ALWAYS a good idea to backup your DB and files.

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Local Sales Tax Mod - Support Thread

I am so happy you have started a new thread for this.

I am having trouble uploading the mod to my site. When I upload the sql file, it just says, "Failed" at the top of my admin panel.

I went through the last thread and saw someone who had the same problem, so I tried to follow the direction there, but was unsucessful.

Please help! Thanks so much!!!

Plugin Contributions

So did you try to copy and paste the sql statment into the text box rather than upload the sql file?

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

No way, I have tried that before and it didn't work, but this time it did.

I added a ; at the end of the code and it went through! Zen cart notes "be sure to end with ;"

Awesome Thanks!!!

Plugin Contributions

Glad to hear things are working.

LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

I have installed the local sales tax mod

Local Sales Tax Mod for Zen Cart Version 2.2
    By:Heather Gardner (LadyHLG)
    Based on several prior local sales tax mods.
    Modifications by: Qian Gu (guqian)
    Support Thread at Zen Cart Fourms --> http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37

and quantity discounts

Quantity Discounts Module for Zen Cart 1.3.5 and above
    Version 1.8
    Author: Scott Wilson
    http://www.thatsoftwareguy.com
    Zen Forum PM swguy

and am having problems with my order total. If I change the sort in order total so the quantity discounts come before sales tax, then the quantity discount is not included in the "Total Amount". If I change the sort order so it is after sales tax, then it is reflected properly in the "Total Amount" of the order. Gift Certificates (redeemed) are similar if the sort order is before sales tax in that the "Total Amount" of the order excludes the gift certificate in the calculation. However, if the sort order for the gift certificate is after the sales tax, the "Total Amount" is totally screwed up almost double what it should be. Can someone help me out here?
    thanks.....

Plugin Contributions

I must be doing something wrong here. I am using zen cart 1.3.8. I just installed 2.2 following the steps in README.txt. When I went to Modules-->Order Total I did not see "Local Sales Tax" as the doc said I would see to install the module. After looking through the this forum I saw another post about needing to upload ot_local_sales_taxes.php from the upgradeonly folder. I did this and now I see "MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COUNTY_LOCAL_TAX_TITLE" listed but I also get a warning:

Warning: include(/htdocs/site/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_local_sales_taxes.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /htdocs/site/admin/modules.php on line 173

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/htdocs/site/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_local_sales_taxes.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/lib/php') in /htdocs/site/admin/modules.php on line 173

So I checked the languages/english/modules/order_total and the ot_local_sales_taxes.php was not there. I copied it here so it was now in /htdocs/site/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ as well as /htdocs/site/includes/modules/order_total but I then get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ot_local_sales_taxes in /htdocs/site/includes/modules/order_total/ot_local_sales_taxes.php on line 45

I even tried upgrading to 2.3, but get the same errors/warnings.

Any help on this would be much appreciated

Plugin Contributions

From the looks of things either you got something copied over wrong or you are missing files.

The only thing I can suggest is to remove all the local sales tax files and start from the beginning. Make sure you are copying all the files correctly. If you have already run the sql file successfully you dont need to run it again the database table is already there.

So copy over all the New install 2.2 files in exactly the same file structure as is found in the Install. Then the 2.3 upgrade files. Then run the install from Modules -> Order Total.

Good Luck
    LadyHLG

Plugin Contributions

I've installed the mod without any problems.

Is it possible to collapse all of the local sales taxes into 1 line? Instead of listing county, special district and city taxes, I would like it to combine all of these and just show "local sales tax" and the combined percentage.

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry but at present this is not an option, it might be something to consider for a future release, but I will most likely not be doing any more updates until after Zen Cart v2.0 is released.

LadyHLG

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast