Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WorldPay Module version 2.0 - Support thread

Quote Originally Posted by petelutonuk View Post
    I have a bigger problem right now...found out by chance last Thursday that the company whos products I sell on my website are banning anyone from displaying prices on their websites from October 1st... unless the customers are logged in.
    in the file includes/functions/functions_prices.php

there is a function zen_get_products_display_price.

At the bottom, if you alter the return value to only display a price if the user is logged in, then you'll have done it.

(hence why I'm a £80+ an hours developer, because it saves you a lot of money and time).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Amber lights

Quote Originally Posted by Electrobumps View Post
    I've installed the Module, all the options appear in Zencart.

However when I try and activate them they go to the amber light. Not green.

I get the message about updating postage costs, but can I actually try out this add on without paying for the postage costs to be updated?

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm happy to do this if I like the way it integrates with my site and feel in is beneficial.
    Are you talking about a different module ? as opposed to the worldpay payment module ?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Amber lights

Worldpay want me to release a patch. I have explained to them that different people use different templates and that I can't patch every template.

EDIT:

So that would be worldpay wanting me to work for free, too.

Quote them your going rate and i'm sure you would be alot more cost effective then who they use now and get it done alot faster. They should hire you as a consultant. Well worth the money in my opinion. I'm sure they have alot of their tech stuff farmed out overseas.

Plugin Contributions

I'd only be interested in a directorship nowadays, it's a lot better use of my time to tell managers what to do and decide the policy from a knowledgable position, but unfortunately I didn't go to the correct school, university, army regiment, political party, or sit on the board of a failed company.... Hold on, aren't we in a recession because of board members that went to the correct school, university, army regiment, political party, or sat on the board of a failed company ? Ah, I'm starting to see a pattern there.

Yep that's right. It's not what you know but who you know.
    I dare say i never even made it that far.
    Self taught and dangerous

Plugin Contributions

I've been having a play around with a program. IF RBSworldpay go against all the recommendations and continue to remove the base href tag when they make made white-listing compulsory, I believe I can fix each shop on on a shop by shop basis. I think it will take about 45 minutes and will require ftp and admin access plus the shop will need to closed down for that period of time. The alternatives are:

• Give up worldpay
    • Recode all of the links yourself
    • Pay a freelancer an hourly rate to recode them
    • ermmm...

Basically if work is not done, then the payment pages after received funds will fall to pieces as show on the preceeding pages. It can't be built into the module because everyone uses different templates. Because I know the system, I've written a small diagnostic program that would enable me to target any system but would still involve me doing it by hand. I believe that I could do this faster than anyone else. (and without buggering anything else up)

If RBSWorldPay do pay attention and leave the base href tag in, then this work will not be necessary. You should also note that if your template is reliant on javascript for anything, mouse effects, menus, page counter, pop up images... then these items will never work on the end page at worldpay's website as they'll never allow a script tag through, although thsi shoudl not be that much of a problem as the current end page for the worldpay template doesn't display any "you might be interested in these items.... kind of page that could have required a pop up".

Also anything like the end of list items or option tags that may currently be "damaged" by worldpay's actions cannot be fixed, as there is a big difference between me running a program that can go through your templating system and at http:// etc... to all the links, images, style sheets etc... and worldpay ripping a section of your webiste out (which is what they are doing with the <base> and end tags for </li> and </option>).

Philip.

What alot of people don't take into consideration is that there are thousands of carts out there that this will effect.
    Not just zencart carts.
    Anyone using the callback will have problems.
    Most people will not see the effects of this until a shopper tells them their pages are a mess or the confirmation email they and the customer receives is a jumbled mess. This is caused by the lack of a css stylesheet because worldpay rips the link out. The carts will still work but customers will lose confidence in you and your site when it's a mess thus losing customers.

Most people don't have the skills to even attempt to fix this problem and if you hire someone, other then Philip, to fix the problem it will take them hours if not days to figure out what to do.

The domino effect will soon be in force and worldpay will be the ultimate loser but then again don't we own a majority of RBS? So it's our money they are wasting even if we don't use worldpay the British taxpayer will once again pay for incompetence.

Well i'm lucky at this point because i know how to fix my site but anyone else i would urge to contact Philip if they need a fix otherwise we wait until D-Day and see if the forum gets swamped with this problem. I would also urge anyone with a worldpay account to complain to them in the strongest manor.
    This is not a zencart or module problem it is a problem that worldpay has conceived themselves. They haven't thought through the ramifications of their actions or lack theirof.

Too early to get on a soap box i'm getting dizzy.

Cheers, Lake

Plugin Contributions

I was one of the first to spot this impending catastophy in July / early August. I have been watching the posts and sending my own communications to Worldpay here and there.
    Today I have received another weak response saying that they are still working on the problem...as if we didn't know!
    I have re-iterated the problem and stated that if they go ahead and filter the base href tag, I and hundreds more will be cancelling our Worldpay accounts and going to other merchants, which there are plenty of and that will work with Zencart and that as far as I can see, seem to be cheaper.

I have not got the time, the knowledge or the money to pay anyone else to sort the problem out. I am also now wondering whether Zencart is actually a good idea, at least if you buy a product it would be up to them to bring out modifications as they would have the incentive to do it. Like Philip said, he gets no reward from doing this, let alone all the hassle with this forum alone. I think the whole world is going to hell in a hand cart.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Guys, sorry i havnt been active on this thread recently, work has been manic.

I have fixed my worldpay callback pages, by using aboslute URL's and removing the left/right hand columns (as they contain images), and also removing the footer as this also has an image.

I personally think this looks fine for me and im happy to have it like that.

I just now need to remember to replicate it on a new clients zen shop as he also has worldpay and he was unaware of all these changes happening at worldpay end

I just need to make sure i remember what changes i have made etc haha.

Phillip just gotta say i think you are doing a grand job as always!

Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast