Plugin Contributions

Default I Seem to be Having a Caching Problem

Hi Guys,

I've searched the FAQ's and I've searched in the forums and I haven't anyone who seems to be having the problem that I am.

I've installed Zen on a Linux server and I'm doing the cosmetic tweaks to bring it into line with what I want. My problem is that when I upload an image for the header ... or make a change to the font size or font colour nothing seems to change for about 6 hours.

At first I thought it was a problem with the caching in my computer but then I checked on several other computers here in our home office and down at a shop-front office and was still not seeing the updates.

So then I thought it might have been some sort of caching issue with my ISP or our server but changes to other straight HTML sites happen immediately ... it's only the Zen cart that isn't changing for about six hours or so after I upload the alterations.

So guys what am I missing here or what am I doing wrong? Why am I not seeing the changes instantly?
    Last edited by twmtoni; 8 Nov 2008 at 05:44 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I Seem to be Having a Caching Problem

look in the server info, look for any caching modules that are installed under PHP. In some cases there are settings to keep things in cach for X hours. You may want to look at the Apache, or PHP level.

Some names of PHP caching modules:
    eAccelerator, APC, MCache, Zend Optimizer
    Ron Peled