Plugin Contributions

Default Discount product that is priced by attributes and has quantity discounts

I would like to be able to price my products using attributes, quantity discounts and specials. I don't know if this is possible and I haven't been able to find information in other threads.

Here is what I would like to accomplish:
    I have an online stationery store. The products are priced by attributes (sizes) and the price increases with the size you select. In addition I have set up quantity discounts for the product using the products price manager. The discounts are set up as percentages discounted by price. These two pricing features work wonderfully together. See link below:

http://www.urbanitystudios.com/Desig...orn-p-750.html

Once a week I like to feature a weekly promotion on one or two selected products. I've attempted to do this by using special price info. What I find is the special price of 20% discounts the attribute price, but doesn't discount on top of the quantity discounts. For example a 5x7 product is $1.75 and will qualify for discounts based on the following quantity breakdowns:
    12-47 = $1.75
    48-99 = $1.40
    100-199 = $1.12

When I add a special of 20% the base price of $1.75 decreases to $1.40, but stays $1.40 regardless of the quantity I put in the shopping cart. I would like all tiers to decrease by 20%.

I've tried a couple of different combinations to accomplish this, but have not succeeded. I have changed quantity discounts taken from "price" to "special", I've priced attributes as "apply discounts as used by product special/sale = yes", I've also tried the three different salemaker options.

Maybe this isn't even a possibility to combine attribute pricing, quantity discounts and specials, but wanted to see if anyone knew. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Last edited by Ajeh; 9 Nov 2008 at 10:54 PM. Reason: remove zenid

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Discount product that is priced by attributes and has quantity discounts

What I did was, instead of choosing 'actual price' for the quantity discounts, you have to choose by 'percentage' for your quantity discounts, and then choose Discounted price from: 'Special', instead of from 'Price'......this will then automatically reduce all your quantity pricing by whatever percentage you put in...for the special, and when the special expires it will automatically revert back to discounting your original price. Cool eh!