Thread: Browser Testing

Plugin Contributions

Default Browser Testing

Been a while since I launched a new store platform and I'm getting my zen cart ready. I searched the terms in the title of this thread and got almost all popular threads. So, I'm going to ask instead:
    I plan to test my store in IE and FF thoroughly after all of the mods, template hacking, etc. are done. Is there another major browser for average american customers these days? We're talking run-of-the-mill types; not heavy computers users. What are AOLers browsing on these days? Is Safari a contender? What percentage will I find on Opera?

Also, is 800x600 yesterday yet? I hope so because I really want to get wider. I'm fine with something like 950 but 750 is painful.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Browser Testing

Google Chrome also available now...
    http://www.browsercam.com
    Url above will help

Plugin Contributions

Safari is definitely important, but I've found if your site works in FF3, it'll work in Safari.

Opera is around 2%, I think. I check with it, but don't bother to fix any problem unless it's easy.

IE6, IE7, IE8, FF2 , FF3 (lots of difference between the two) Safari, and Lynx. (Just kidding.)

I've stopped worrying about 800X600 users, unless I'm selling something that would appeal mostly to older shoppers or those with older systems.

Never worried about the AOL weirdness.

AOL's default browser is IE7. But Steve is right...AOL is so screwy that you can't be concerned with trying to fix anything that looks wonky there. Since they use IE7, if it works on IE7 outside of AOL, it will work inside of AOL.

Most browser issues inside AOL consist of (false) script error messages, pages not loading, and other weirdness...but not so much with how the page itself resolves.
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary