Plugin Contributions

Default Charge shipping once regardless of Qty ordered based on perweightunit

Hello

I have bulky furniture items that are cheaper to deliver using our own vechile than sending them with any other method. As a result, we are not concerned with the quantity ordered. We charge a fee for the 1st item only. Since it's a dedicated delivery there is no need to charge for additional items, as the vechile can accomodate more than the average order qty.

This is achieved by setting the products weight to 0, and applying a handling fee using perweightunit.

We also would like to sell smaller items now, using courier, but our handling fee for these would be to high.

I can lower the handling fee, but this makes the bulky items delivey cost to low. Setting a weight for the bulky items is also problematic as mutiple qty orders would charge more than what is required.

So basically i need to charge a one-time delivery charge for a particular category regrdless of the qty ordered from there.

Maybe i'm missing something obvious - but this has really stumped me. Is there any way i can get around this? Any ideas would be great?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Charge shipping once regardless of Qty ordered based on perweightunit

What happens on the mixed order where you have 1 or more large items with products_weight 0 and 1 or more small items with products_weight > 0 ...

Does that order all go on the truck?

If you could test if any of the products_weights were 0 to indicate 1 or more products go on the truck and this makes the whole order go on the truck, would this distinquish the order for you?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Charge shipping once regardless of Qty ordered based on perweightunit

Hi Ajeh

Thanks for the reply.

If you could test if any of the products_weights were 0 to indicate 1 or more products go on the truck and this makes the whole order go on the truck, would this distinquish the order for you?
    I see where you going with this...

I was actually wanting that earlier, but when i more recently considered the zones i want to add i also need to distinguish them. Its all quite a bit, and i even battle just to describe it.

I've managed to find an admin controlled module (not free) over the weekend that can do this.
    Still investigating it but i'm hoping this will allow me to save some time and also allow for some future flexibility.

Failing that, i'll post here again...

Many thanks
    Warren