Plugin Contributions

Default Where to insert js code for 'draggable layer'?

I feel like I never do anything here but ask questions and I apologize for that ....

Here's my problem: I will be on vacation the end of this month and need to let customers know that the orders they place during this time will be delayed. I don't want to close the shop or disable the cart.

In the past I have done this by adding corner banners, but I think that looks a little cheesy. Actually they are up right now until I figure out something better - hopefully soon! So feel free to look.

I found some code for a "draggable layer" which I think will be perfect because it comes up once and the user can click on the X to make it go away. I inserted this code into my tpl_header.php file but the problem is 1) it stayed anchored to the left side of the page and couldn't be moved (not a major problem) and 2) when I clicked the X to close it, it went away until I navigated to a different page and then it came back (major annoying problem).

I found the code here: codelifter.com/main/javascript/dragablelayer.html

I guess my question is: is there somewhere I else I should insert this code instead of in the tpl_header.php file? I only want the customer to see it once and then have it go away for good when the 'window' is closed. Or does anybody know a better solution to let customers know orders will be delayed? I have already added some verbiage to the shopping cart page but I really need some other way to let them know – no matter what page they land on first.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where to insert js code for 'draggable layer'?

A simpler solution: add this content at the login/register page, since it is required to login/register to checkout, it can not be missed.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where to insert js code for 'draggable layer'?

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    A simpler solution: add this content at the login/register page, since it is required to login/register to checkout, it can not be missed.
    Brilliant! Thanks!