Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Setting up JROX/Jam commissions by category?

I've installed JROX/JAM and it is working fine tracking commissions.

However, I can't seem to figure out how to set up different commissions for different ZenCart categories.

I would like commissions to be as follows:

category A - 35%
    category B - 25%
    category C - 10%
    category D - no commissions

I don't see the option to do this when setting up new Programs in JAM. Is this something I can control somewhere in my ZC files?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setting up JROX/Jam commissions by category?

Just bumping this, in case anyone can help.

Plugin Contributions

I don't think this can be done... Affiliate programs don't generally drill down to category levels. And I have not seen any mods that can be bolted on to ZC to do this. It would, I imagine, be quite complex! Have you tried JROX/JAM forum?
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, schoolboy.

I got a confirmation from JAM support that this can't be done on JAM.

Now I'm not sure what to do. I was very impressed with JAM and all it offered, and its easy compatibility with ZenCart,
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]but one of my categories is a section where we list artist's handmade products, as a service. If we offer commissions on that section, we'll lose money. (potentially a lot, as many of the items are high-ticket items)

So -- I guess I'll try to see if I can get a refund from JAM, and
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm back to square one in terms of an affiliate program.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful!
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Can't you include or exclude at the product level?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kim - I actually was thinking about that, but I don't know how to do it on JAM.

I had an idea for a workaround (albeit a bit clumsy one) and I posted on the JAM forums and wrote JAM support but haven't heard back if my idea would work.

I was wondering if there a way to set up each product that should get commissions as a new program?

So, for example: for Program A, I set the Redirect URL for a specific product (product A).

My affiliates share that link. If someone purchases product A, they get the commission.

However, if someone purchases product A and also adds something else to their shopping cart, do they get a commission on everything in the cart? Or just product A?

Do you know if that would work? Or do you mean something else, when you say include/exclude at the product level? As far as I can see, there isn't a direct way to exclude products in JAM.

Thanks for helping me think this through --

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lyricwings View Post
    I've installed JROX/JAM and it is working fine tracking commissions.

However, I can't seem to figure out how to set up different commissions for different ZenCart categories.

I would like commissions to be as follows:

category A - 35%
    category B - 25%
    category C - 10%
    category D - no commissions

I don't see the option to do this when setting up new Programs in JAM. Is this something I can control somewhere in my ZC files?
    How many programs do you have configured in JAM?
    What commission rate do you have set for them?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lyricwings View Post
    So, for example: for Program A, I set the Redirect URL for a specific product (product A).

My affiliates share that link. If someone purchases product A, they get the commission.

However, if someone purchases product A and also adds something else to their shopping cart, do they get a commission on everything in the cart? Or just product A?

Do you know if that would work? Or do you mean something else, when you say include/exclude at the product level? As far as I can see, there isn't a direct way to exclude products in JAM.
    From my understanding, normally JAM will be taking the entire order amount for commission calculation.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Right now I just have one program set up, with a 30% commission. But I'm wanting to exclude certain products (actually, all products in two categories) so that they don't trigger the Jam commission.

It seems like the only way to do this would be to have some kind of custom programming. I don't see a way to exclude individual products from triggering a commission.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are your categories more than 1 level deep? If not, then some custom programming isn't too hard.

You can specify different percentages for different programs, if you create more, right?
    If so, simply customize the code to send different program codes with the commission amounts when the order completes. This will require custom coding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast