Plugin Contributions

Default Creating an invoice...

Hello all,

My uneducated question for the day is as follows (laughter ensues...): Is there a way to create invoices for services in ZenCart? Reason being, I need to be able to bill out services as well as goods, and it'd sure be nice (for accounting) to do it in ZenCart (also so my customers can manage their account and pay all online...). This is mainly for an hourly rate for WebDesign and maintenance. Thanks to anyone who will answer.

K

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Creating an invoice...

Strictly speaking, Zen Cart isn't a billing system.
    However, you could set up a product for a standard service, say 1 hour at $45 per hour. And then your customers could come along and "purchase" the appropriate number of "hours" by specifying the quantity when they add to their cart.

But in terms of you setting up accounts with amounts owing and having customers use that to pay their bills, no, that's not a built-in feature of the Zen Cart product at this time.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Creating an invoice...

Yeah, that's what I figured. I thought about that "buy" an hour at a time, but that's not going to be what I want. I'll likely just have to separate the service billings into another program or database, and just integrate the two sets of information for accounting purposes. Oh well. I was hoping to make it easier than that. I'll figure something out yet...

Thanks for the reply.

K