Plugin Contributions

Default Help Needed ASAP - File Name with Store Records

Hello,

I have closed my store and I only have a short time to download my site to my local server. For some reason I am getting an Failed Error with the FTP software I am using. Some of the files downloaded successfully. Can someone tell me the name of the file(s) that contain all of my store records? I can then check to see if these files downloaded successfully. I am thinking I could then just do a fresh ZenCart install on my local server and install the store record files there.

If someone could let me know the file names and the directories where I can find them I would really appreciate it!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help Needed ASAP - File Name with Store Records

Your 'records' are stored in the database, not in the files.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply. I understand that but again, since I copied over most of my files from my site I just need to know which folder contains the database files? I'm working with a very short window before my host deletes my site from their server. Thanks for any help!

Plugin Contributions

try to use your host file manager that is located in your hosting control panel .. those file manager will zip your entire site and make them ready for download as single archive .

if that didn't work , ask your host to do it for you .

if you have not changed any core file that would alter db communication , then as was mentioned before , all information related to your products and other settings stored in DB.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mlm2005 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I understand that but again, since I copied over most of my files from my site I just need to know which folder contains the database files? I'm working with a very short window before my host deletes my site from their server. Thanks for any help!
    You are misunderstanding, the database is NOT, repeat NOT in any of the files or folders. It is on a mysql server somewhere else NOT in the files that are accessable to you

You could install the database backup mod from the downloads.
    Backup the database using this, THEN download the zipped file that has been created from your database
    or you could use phpmyadmin if it is available in your website control panel
    (Much easier to use the backup mod)

Plugin Contributions

Just to clarify. DB is stored on files just like anything else, but chance is that you wont have access to those files, and it's not really the best way to backup your db as well.

Use phpmyadmin to back it up.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    Just to clarify. DB is stored on files just like anything else, but chance is that you wont have access to those files, and it's not really the best way to backup your db as well.

Use phpmyadmin to back it up.
    True, I quess I was trying to make the point that the files that a website owner usually has access to (and can copy), won't include those database files.