Plugin Contributions

Default Two websites, one items database possible?

I currently have a couple websites for my store that I have set up with different designs, keywords, wording, pictures, etc. to test google placements. I wanted to have zen cart on both websites but was wondering if it was possible to have them both use the same item database so that only one has to be updated when items sell out or are added and it would show correctly on both sites. That way they can both have different looks and feels but would cut down on the maintenance.

I apologize if this has been covered already. I did a few seaches with different keywords and couldnt find the answer. If there is already a thread discussing this and you happen to know the link then please post it and I will ask to have this thread closed. Thanks for any help people can provide.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Two websites, one items database possible?

Search the Free sostware addon link above for "multi site"
    and read the install steps..
    A bit involved especially if you do not understand the override system but it does what you are asking
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Two websites, one items database possible?

I was contemplating using Multisite cut unforunately I think that may be a tad bit over my head for the moment.

After wandering around the forums more with some searches I found a few people talking about just redirecting the config files to use the same mysql database in the /includes and /admin/includes. I ended up completely copying zen cart from my abc.com/cart and putting it in my def.com/cart. then I changed the configure.php in the /include and /admin/include to define the http as http://def.com instead of abc.com. It all seems to work correctly now. the only problem I have is when I click to add an item to the shopping cart it goes to a blank page.

It only does the blank page on the site I copied to. The original site still runs perfectly with no troubles. I am not sure if maybe my there si something else I need to change besides the two configure.php files? If anyone happens to have an idea to get it to correctly add the items to the shopping cart it would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: After tinkering around I have found that login and registering a new account also leads to a blank page when submitting.
    Last edited by fritzy; 25 Nov 2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: additional info