Plugin Contributions

Default Missing phone number even if it's required

Hi all,
    I see a lot of people creating an account to my shop without writing their phone number.

The configuration for the phone is
    ENTRY_TELEPHONE_MIN_LENGTH 6

The phone field in the database is a varchar(32)

I'm not able to recreate the situation where the account is registered without the phone number.

The account are real, and the missing phone number is a problem for shipping if the express courier cannot find the address

What to check ?
    Anyone faced this problem before ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing phone number even if it's required

Were those customers created in your store via PayPal Express Checkout? If so, then the customer chose not to share their telephone number with you when they selected which details to share with you during checkout.
    You could change your PayPal account profile settings to require the telephone number; however, even PayPal recommends that you leave it optional.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I was thinking about it, but it happens too many times.
    I don't know if Paypal express checkout is used more than the normal checkout.
    IMHO it is used less than the normal checkout.

in any case, how to check if the account is created thru paypal, or by form filling ?

The problem raises when the express courier doesn't find the address.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Check the orders placed by those customers and see what payment method was used to complete the transaction.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hey all,

I'm having the same issue. We've seen it happen with a lot on our customers who use paypal for checkout and assumed it was part of the paypal setup. However, I checked and found that all other customer accounts process using auth.net and occasionally we'll get an account that doesn't have a phone number.

Is there anything I can check to prevent this?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I've checked and I'm sure that some of the customers without an order just subscribed to the shop, without placing an order.

So, it's SURE not a paypal express checkout issue.

But I'm unable to rebuild the case.

Tried with no javascript, tried with many browsers, but I'm not able to reproduce this bug. and it's likely to be a bug in zen-cart.

Now I'm trying with trimming the field before checking the length (even if following the code flow it seems to me that the field is already trimmed)

is there any zen-cart debug tool (to watch and log live script flow) and logging to a file if some condition are met ?

Plugin Contributions

Go to admin->configuration->minimum values

See if the phone requirement is set to 0
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

telephone min length is 6 and not 0.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by asappia View Post
    I've checked and I'm sure that some of the customers without an order just subscribed to the shop, without placing an order.

So, it's SURE not a paypal express checkout issue.
    Please explain how that makes it "SURE not a paypal express checkout issue."

Just because they didn't complete a purchase doesn't mean their account details weren't created by "starting" a PayPal Express Checkout transaction.

Perhaps they started the process but aborted because your shipping rates are too high, or they wanted to wait until later to make their purchase, or maybe they realized they didn't have enough funds in their account, or any other reason. Their account would still be left in your site.