Plugin Contributions

Default Orders not Recorded on Auth.net Decline

Hi,
    Using 1.3.7 and Auth.net SIM successfully for many months. But when Auth.net holds or declines transactions, the order does not get recorded in ZenCart. I get customer info, but no order. I understand that I can't get credit card details. I'm cool with that.

But I'd like to know what these customers were trying to order without having to ask them. Most of the time, this happens with foreign customers where Auth.net fumbles address info due to spelling. So it's not practical to just call up the customers.

So is there any way to save orders even if Auth.net holds or declines?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders not Recorded on Auth.net Decline

At the present time, Zen Cart does not store an order if it is rejected by the payment module. Changing that behavior will require significant code-rewriting.

If you are getting a lot of rejections and you think the orders shouldn't be rejected, then maybe your settings in your authnet account are too restrictive.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. Not the answer I'd hope for but it's the answer I expected. In most cases, Auth.net declines are the result of basic spelling errors on the customer's part. I'll check on Auth.net settings. Any tips?

Plugin Contributions

We use Authnet AIM and the declines are stored in the declines section of our authnet account. It does capture the order with the decline there.

In Zen Cart the order remains in the shopping cart.

Our last decline was because the customer didn't put the billing address in that matched his CC if he had not complained that the bank held the funds twice we would not have researched the order.

We are now checking the declines to see if we are losing customers.

I need to know if any one knows how to get meaningful decline messages to display to the customer.

I am willing to do the research if anyone can point me to the place to start looking.

Thanks