Plugin Contributions

Default HELP!! The 'Stock' menu item in 'Configuration' Menu has Disappeared!

Hi all,

Just noticed the other day, on my website, whether the item is in stock or not, it is allowing customers to add them to thier basket. Now i was going to go to Configuration->Stock and amend the values in there but when i went to go there, the Stock option was not in the list, anyone know which files i need to replace or amend to get it back there again?

Thanks

Shaun

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP!! The 'Stock' menu item in 'Configuration' Menu has Disappeared!

Are you running Admin Profiles?

If not, this could be very tricky to fix, since the configuration menu entries are obtained from your database, so there may be other things missing too, and specific actions couldn't be safely recommended without knowing the full picture. A starting point would be to install a clean version of Zen Cart somewhere else and compare the entries in the configuration_group table with those in your Zen Cart's database.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HELP!! The 'Stock' menu item in 'Configuration' Menu has Disappeared!

The first time i noticed it was after installing this mod:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=739

Dont know if this was definatley the problem though. Really need to get this back! But dont really know how to reinstall zen cart.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Shaun

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, forgot to add, not running admin profiles as far as i know!

Shaun

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm. Took a look at the mod's code and thought, "no, surely not". So went off, copied an existing database and ran the installation SQL against it.

Prior to creating a new stock, yes, it does appear to delete the stock menu page, and all the settings associated with it, which to me just seems like a really bad idea.

It then creates a new group called "stock configuration" into which it inserts SAGE export specific settings.

I suspect that the intention was to transfer existing stock settings to this page, but it doesn't actually do so.

I recommend looking for a support thread for this mod which may address the issue. If it doesn't, post back here and we'll see if your database can be patched to make these settings available to you again.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Oh, and the uninstall script won't help either, as that only takes out what the mod puts in, but doesn't put back what it took out!

Plugin Contributions

Woot!

Got it all working again, just in case anyone else wants to know, here is the solution.

Run these commands in your mySQL database:

Code:
    insert into `configuration_group` values (9,'Stock','Stock configuration options',9,1)
    Code:
    insert into `configuration` values (230,'Stock Re-order level','STOCK_REORDER_LEVEL','1','Define when stock needs to be re-ordered',9,5,'2006-10-14 10:48:16','2006-10-12 00:11:11',NULL,NULL),(231,'Products status in Catalog when out of stock should be set to','SHOW_PRODUCTS_SOLD_OUT','0','Show Products when out of stock<br /><br />0= set product status to OFF<br />1= leave product status ON',9,10,NULL,'2006-10-12 00:11:11',NULL,'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'0\', \'1\'), '),(232,'Show Sold Out Image in place of Add to Cart','SHOW_PRODUCTS_SOLD_OUT_IMAGE','1','Show Sold Out Image instead of Add to Cart Button<br /><br />0= off<br />1= on',9,11,NULL,'2006-10-12 00:11:11',NULL,'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'0\', \'1\'), '),(233,'Product Quantity Decimals','QUANTITY_DECIMALS','0','Allow how many decimals on Quantity<br /><br />0= off',9,15,NULL,'2006-10-12 00:11:11',NULL,'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'0\', \'1\', \'2\', \'3\'), '),(234,'Show Shopping Cart - Delete Checkboxes or Delete Button','SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_DELETE','3','Show on Shopping Cart Delete Button and/or Checkboxes<br /><br />1= Delete Button Only<br />2= Checkbox Only<br />3= Both Delete Button and Checkbox',9,20,NULL,'2006-10-12 00:11:11',NULL,'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'1\', \'2\', \'3\'), '),(235,'Show Shopping Cart - Update Cart Button Location','SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_UPDATE','3','Show on Shopping Cart Update Cart Button Location as:<br /><br />1= Next to each Qty Box<br />2= Below all Products<br />3= Both Next to each Qty Box and Below all Products',9,22,NULL,'2006-10-12 00:11:11',NULL,'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'1\', \'2\', \'3\'), ');
    I got the solution from the support page!

Thanks for your help!

Shaun

Plugin Contributions

Edit to the second section of code, once i have done it, i found that it does not install all the original options, so i have edited it to add them all, please find full code for the second section above here (still run 1st bit of code).

Code:
    insert into `configuration` values (230,'Check stock level','STOCK_CHECK','true','Check to see if sufficent stock is available',9,1,NULL,'2007-01-04 09:01:51',NULL,'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), '),(231,'Subtract stock','STOCK_LIMITED','true','Subtract product in stock by product orders',9,2,NULL,'2007-01-04 09:01:51',NULL,'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), '),(232,'Allow Checkout','STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT','true','Allow customer to checkout even if there is insufficient stock',9,3,NULL,'2007-01-04 09:01:51',NULL,'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), '),(233,'Mark product out of stock','STOCK_MARK_PRODUCT_OUT_OF_STOCK','true','Display something on screen so customer can see which product has insufficient stock',9,4,'2007-03-02 15:28:44','2007-01-04 09:01:51',NULL,NULL),(234,'Stock Re-order level','STOCK_REORDER_LEVEL','5','Define when stock needs to be re-ordered',9,5,NULL,'2007-01-04 09:01:51',NULL,NULL),(235,'Products status in Catalog when out of stock should be set to','SHOW_PRODUCTS_SOLD_OUT','1','Show Products when out of stock<br /><br />0= set product status to OFF<br />1= leave product status ON',9,10,'2007-03-02 15:29:16','2007-01-04 09:01:51',NULL,'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'0\', \'1\'), '),(236,'Show Sold Out Image in place of Add to Cart','SHOW_PRODUCTS_SOLD_OUT_IMAGE','1','Show Sold Out Image instead of Add to Cart Button<br /><br />0= off<br />1= on',9,11,NULL,'2007-01-04 09:01:51',NULL,'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'0\', \'1\'), '),(237,'Product Quantity Decimals','QUANTITY_DECIMALS','0','Allow how many decimals on Quantity<br /><br />0= off',9,15,NULL,'2007-01-04 09:01:51',NULL,'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'0\', \'1\', \'2\', \'3\'), '),(238,'Show Shopping Cart - Delete Checkboxes or Delete Button','SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_DELETE','3','Show on Shopping Cart Delete Button and/or Checkboxes<br /><br />1= Delete Button Only<br />2= Checkbox Only<br />3= Both Delete Button and Checkbox',9,20,NULL,'2007-01-04 09:01:51',NULL,'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'1\', \'2\', \'3\'), '),(239,'Show Shopping Cart - Update Cart Button Location','SHOW_SHOPPING_CART_UPDATE','3','Show on Shopping Cart Update Cart Button Location as:<br /><br />1= Next to each Qty Box<br />2= Below all Products<br />3= Both Next to each Qty Box and Below all Products',9,22,NULL,'2007-01-04 09:01:51',NULL,'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'1\', \'2\', \'3\'), ')
    Make sure you backup, and i am not held responsible for anything that may occur when running this script.

Shaun

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem with this mod and on running the second script keep getting the duplicate entry even though I'm confident it's not there.

1062 Duplicate entry '230' for key 1

Could someone run me through this process please so I can just make sure I'm doing it correctly.

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Aha, found where I was going wrong.

After going through the configuration table I discovered that the configuartion id should've started 232 for me.

Repaired in no time after that.