Plugin Contributions

Default Define Pages Editor won't completely load

Hello,
    I am experiencing a completely random issue and I have no idea where to even start fixing it.

A friend of mine has been successfully using zen-cart on her site for about 8 months and weekly or so changing the main page text through the Define Pages Editor. A few days ago, she went to Define Pages Editor, clicked on define_main_page and the box to edit would show up, but then nothing below it. As in no SAVE, RESET buttons and no logo or copyright at the bottom of the page. I have confirmed this happens on my computer as well. If I click on another page to edit, like define_contact_us, the buttons and bottom logo and copyright appear just fine. It seems it just has to do with define_main_page. I have admin controls set on her account, and I reset all those. But the problem happens with my account as well. The original coding of the mainpage does include some fancy image-rollover coding that she usually just copies and pastes back into the box. Although I don't see how what she types into the mainpage editor would affect the way the page loads just for that one part.

Any suggestions would be very very much appreciated. I don't really know what my next step would be besides scrapping the site and starting over, which I'm hoping to avoid. Like I said it's been working fine for months.

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Define Pages Editor won't completely load

Check the file permissions for main_page - and look at the messages when you load it in the editor as many state the condition or inability to save/edit
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Define Pages Editor won't completely load

The same thing has happened to me. I updated main_page through define pages editor, it was fine. Then I was tweaking it a bit, all I did was edit my content in my html editor, then paste it into the editing box. one moment it was there, the next it was not. The save, reset & cancel buttons are not there any more under the editing box. Were you able to fix it?