Plugin Contributions

help question PnP CC Error Zip Code does not match

I have had a half dozen customers in the past 2 days call me to notify me they are receiving an error stating "zip code does not match billing state". All 5 or 6 customers insist that they do not have a separate address for their credit card. Three of these customers gave up and did not complete the sale.

I am using 1.3.8, my server is Go Daddy & my gateway is PnP. I have spoken to the tech at PnP a couple of times regarding this issue and was told that my zen cart is just very sensitive to mis-matched info and my gateway is working 100% on their end. I have run tests with visa & mastercard on my end and it was fine. I have also received 7 or 8 orders in the past few days with no problems. I am not quite sure why this is happening? I have noticed that this is happening on my orders over $100 and the smaller amounts seem to be fine. Is this a coincidence?

Any advise & help appreciated!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PnP CC Error Zip Code does not match

well ... seing as how we don't do any zip code/state matching, the error is coming through your gateway - Perhaps they have some sort of cap on your account transaction size? Are you positive the information being sent is correct?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PnP CC Error Zip Code does not match

I have a $500 cap upon reading it in my agreement with my cc company. I've had more customers tell me there were problems than actual "silent" sales. Sales where there is no personal communication with the buyer. I'm pulling my hair out of my head about this because it is December 4th & I sell kid's toys!

The tech who I have been dealing with actually wrote the module to incorporate Zen Cart into the gateway system for the company. He has stated the PnP's statement "errors" are so small at the top due to ZC's messages overriding their code.

I'm not quite sure if that is relevant. Do I need to contact them for the uptenth time stating Zen Cart "don't do any zip code/state matching" ?

Is there anything I can do on my end besides contacting the gateway again?