Default Blank checkout page

My shop is working fine from the admin; it's actually rather fast compared to some days! But I can't get any orders because when you clieck on checkout, it takes about a minute while it says it's waiting for my website and then this page is blank: https://www.sobebabies.com/shop/checkout_shipping.html

I really don't have a clue what is going on except that I obviously can't get any orders!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank checkout page

USPS is having problems with their shipping-quote server today December 8.
    In one of the other eighty or more posts about it today, apparently USPS has said it'll be down until morning at least.

What to do about it? Turn off your USPS shipping module, and turn on your alternate module, perhaps table-rate or flat-rate etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

We are experiencing the same thing intermittently. A blank page when you try to go to the checkout page. A customer reported it and we confirmed it, but it started working again after switching browsers from Firefox to Seamonkey.

We don't get any database error messages. Viewing the page source shows the code for the page is there.

We are hosting on Godaddy. Where are you hosted sobebabies?

http://www.celeritous.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If it's truly "blank pages" that you're getting, then install the Debug Logging Utility mentioned in this article and use the logs to identify the PHP errors you've introduced to your site. https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    USPS is having problems with their shipping-quote server today December 8.
    In one of the other eighty or more posts about it today, apparently USPS has said it'll be down until morning at least.

What to do about it? Turn off your USPS shipping module, and turn on your alternate module, perhaps table-rate or flat-rate etc.
    That was fast. And accurate. Thank you. I have turned off that module and now it works. And yes, it was a blank page. I really appreciate the help. Of course now I see this plastered all over the Internet but I work first, then surf so I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by alitton View Post
    We are hosting on Godaddy. Where are you hosted sobebabies?

http://www.celeritous.com
    The same but I don't think it matters.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte

While I was not getting the error messages about not finding a suitable shipping rate, etc, It may have just been timing out waiting for the USPS servers. I've seen those USPS errors in the past and would have known what to search for better.

I have disabled the USPS module for the time being and installed the PHP debugging tool just in case. I'm inclined to believe it is USPS since we haven't made any changes to the site recently.

Thanks again also to sobebabies for the perfectly descriptive thread title.