Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Login - Error 401 - Unauthorized

When I try to login as Admin I get Error 401 - Unauthorized, You failed to provide a valid account required for access to page.

I have done the reset admin phpmyadmin stuff and that worked, my admin and password are reset, I can check it through browsing the admin area, so the problem has to be something else.

I cleared out my browser, tried on different computers and I get the same exact error.

I tried changing the name of the htaccess file and I still get the same answer.

I checked the configure.htm file and they are all correct.

I can make an account from the front side of the site and that works fine, I received an order 2 days ago from a customer, just can't get logged into the backin.

Any help would be awesome - thanks!

Jay

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Login - Error 401 - Unauthorized

Zen Cart's authentication system does not rely on .htaccess, and therefore does not issue a "error 401 - unauthorized" response. Modifying database data via phpMyAdmin is not going to solve your 401 errors.

If you're getting that message, then you've got something in addition to Zen Cart's authentication happening ... perhaps some .htaccess security or something else. You'll have to work with your hosting company to sort that out.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Login - Error 401 - Unauthorized

YAY - you are my hero.

I was able to contact my host and figure out that somehow I had a protected directory setup for one of the folders - I have no idea how this happened. Anyway, deleted the protected directory and I was able to hit the actual zencart login and get logged in and back in business.

Thanks a ton!!

Jay