Plugin Contributions

Default EU Standard Bank Transfer Support

I installed this mod and it works like a charm.

The only problem is that the language and currency sideboxes disappear once a customer clicks the 'Checkout' button. These sideboxes are now missing from the following pages:

main_page=checkout_shipping
    main_page=checkout_payment
    main_page=checkout_confirmation
    main_page=checkout_success

Would anyone be able to help me figure out how to fix this? I would like the language and currency sideboxes to appear on all pages while using this mod.

Site link: http://www.spottedsparrow.de/shop/

Default Re: EU Standard Bank Transfer Support

Hi,

I see you posted in Dec, so I hope I am not too late to reply. I believe by default the language and currency options do not show after you click on checkout. I assume the logic is that the customer has made his/her choice before anyway.

I also installed the EU Bank transfer mod, but I have mixed results : it does not seem to take into account the zone setting (it shows for US billing address). Have you come across some problems ?

Regards,

Denis
    http://viaterra.net/store (in construction)

BTW : I like the design of your store. I am also working on greeting cards, though different kind. All the best.

Plugin Contributions

You are correct that the currency and language sideboxes are removed deliberately when the checkout is started. If they are changed part way through the process it can cause problems for some payment mods.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Hi Kuroi,

are you connected to the creation of the "EU standard bank transfer" mod ? if so perhaps there's something to fix, perhaps I am mistaken. Let me know if I should create a separate thread.

I initially came across this thread in search of an answer to another problem : The option "EU standard bank transfer" seems to be displayed regardless of the billing address zone. However, it seems to depend on the shipping address. So I looked into eustandardtransfer.php and compared with ZenCartīs default moneyorder.php.

- eustandardtransfer.php contains a variable related to the delivery line 38.

$check = $db->Execute("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_PAYMENT_EUTRANSFER_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->delivery['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");

- moneyorder.php 's equivalent however contains a variable related to the billing, line 39.

$check = $db->Execute("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->billing['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");

If necessary, you can test using my store :

URL : http://viaterra.net/store
    username : demo
    password : demo56
    shipping parameters :
    JPEGs, shipping address is skipped
    Greeting cards and posters : flat rate 5 euros (for now)
    payment options :
    France -> cheque, CC/paypal and Bank Transfer
    EU countries : -> CC/paypal and Bank Transfer
    rest of the world -> CC/paypal

Thanks,

Denis

Plugin Contributions

I have no experience or knowledge of this specific mod. My answer related only to how the language and currency boxes respond to checkout pages, irrespective of the payment mods installed.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

OK Kuroi,

well here's for future users of this mod :

I edited - eustandardtransfer.php line 38.

$check = $db->Execute("select zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . MODULE_PAYMENT_EUTRANSFER_ZONE . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->delivery['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id");

and line 43 :

} elseif ($check->fields['zone_id'] == $order->delivery['zone_id']) {

and replaced "delivery" by "billing".

Now it seems to behave correctly. I am surprised the developpers of this mod overlooked the fact that it picked the shipping instead of billing address.

I hope this may come in handy.

Denis