Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Coming Products question....

I don't have time to search right now. Baby is crying, hubby needs me, etc. BUT I just listed an item that I didn't want to be available to purchase until the 14th. It doesn't say that on the listing anywhere though, in fact I am able to add it to my cart now and go to checkout. Did I do something wrong? This product is cross-linked from another site and I know will be getting views soon but I don't want them to be able to buy it yet. What do I need to do?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coming Products question....

The Date Available is more like saying when the product will be in stock for shipping ... this does not control when the product can be added to the cart ...

Set the products_quantity to 0 and set 0 to mean Sold Out and no one can buy it until you add quantity in stock on the product ...

Turn on the message about it for the Product _info page in the Catalog ... Product Types ... EDIT LAYOUT ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Linda! I didn't get a chance to get back last night. Our little guy has had a tough week....an ER trip early, feeling better now, but still REALLY irritable and not completely himself.

Anyway, if I do that, it would mark it as sold out wouldn't it? I don't want people to think it's already sold out and not come back to buy it either! LOL!

The place where I have the other custom listed works in that you set a date and time that it becomes available for purchase. People have until that time to look and anticipate for it, and then the product automatically goes "live" at the set time and it's like a "race" to purchase. At least most of the time it works that way! LOL! Because these customers are used to this process, if it says sold out, they may not come back, thinking they have missed it.

Plugin Contributions

You can always customize the buy now and add to cart buttons ...

The buttons all handily use a function to manage what button should or should not display ...

Now how hard can this be ... think ... think ... think ...

Got it!!

In the functions_general.php function file you will see the function zen_get_buy_now_button ...

To make products not yet available, based on the products_date_available field you can

Change the code from:
    Code:
        $button_check = $db->Execute("select product_is_call, products_quantity from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");
        switch (true) {
    // cannot be added to the cart
        case (zen_get_products_allow_add_to_cart($product_id) == 'N'):
          return $additional_link;
          break;
    to read:
    Code:
        $button_check = $db->Execute("select product_is_call, products_quantity, products_date_available from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");
        switch (true) {
          return $additional_link;
          break;
        case (date_diff($button_check->fields['products_date_available'], date('Y-m-d H:i:s', time())) < 0 ):
          $return_button = 'Coming Soon!!<br />Count Down: ' . date_diff($button_check->fields['products_date_available'], date('Y-m-d H:i:s', time())) . ' Days!';
          break;
    Easy smeazy eh? Don't forget us when you are rich and famous!!
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post

Got it!!

In the functions_general.php function file you will see the function zen_get_buy_now_button ...

To make products not yet available, based on the products_date_available field you can

Change the code from:
    Code:
        $button_check = $db->Execute("select product_is_call, products_quantity from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");
        switch (true) {
          return $additional_link;
          break;
    to read:
    Code:
        $button_check = $db->Execute("select product_is_call, products_quantity, products_date_available from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");
        switch (true) {
          return $additional_link;
          break;
        case (date_diff($button_check->fields['products_date_available'], date('Y-m-d H:i:s', time())) < 0 ):
          $return_button = 'Coming Soon!!<br />Count Down: ' . date_diff($button_check->fields['products_date_available'], date('Y-m-d H:i:s', time())) . ' Days!';
          break;
    Easy smeazy eh? Don't forget us when you are rich and famous!!
    AAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!! YOU. ARE. AMAZING!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Plugin Contributions

I have been known to have my moments ...

Thanks for letting us know that this works for you ...

When they are beating down your doors and buying you out on day one, remember us fondly!!
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I have been known to have my moments ...

Thanks for letting us know that this works for you ...

When they are beating down your doors and buying you out on day one, remember us fondly!!
    <snort> You know, we've had stockings like that before! Where there are 50 people online, waiting for products to become active, and then sell out immediately! It's been exciting! It's been awhile though. I took a long break from knitting and the economy is much different now. I guess we'll see what happens

I'm not as anxious for my own products and I am for the kids and my husband. They are all very excited about this venture.

As for remembering you all.....you betcha! We certainly would have never gotten this far without you

Plugin Contributions

Good luck with your shop!!
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Good luck with your shop!!
    Thank you, and one more question about this stocking of coming products.

I have people emailing asking what time it's going to stock!

I'm assuming that the way we have it now would make that product become available at 12am on the 17th correct? What timezone is that? And, the biggie.......Is there ANY way to set the TIME that it will go live?

Plugin Contributions

What I gave you said Coming Soon - Count Down X Days

You would have to check what you used of the code to see why you are not getting the days ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast