Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Gift certificate redemption code

Hi, I released the gift certificate, but I don't know where to see the redemption code. I'd like to mail the voucher to my customer with the redemption code, but I never received a copy of the email that was sent to them upon the release. Can someone give me any idea of how I can obtain the redemtion codes that are sent to my customers and how to set it up so that I receive the email with the details. Thank you.
    A Day 2 Remember - http://www.day2remember.com.au powered by Zen Cart http://www.zencart.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift certificate redemption code

Also, this customer is going to give this gift certificate to someone as a gift. Can that next person use their redemption code or do they need a new one? If the answer is NO, how can I fix this now as I've already released the gift certificate? The customer doesn't want to email it, they want to give them my printed voucher with the redemption code on it. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
    A Day 2 Remember - http://www.day2remember.com.au powered by Zen Cart http://www.zencart.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi, If you look in admin>gift certificates/coupons>gift certificates sent you should be able to see all info there.
    Regards Mick

Plugin Contributions

Hi Mick, that's what I thought, but it's not there. That's why I am very confused.

Plugin Contributions

I didn't "give" this to the customer, I set it up as something that could be purchased online, customer bought it, but wasn't given the code and as far as I can tell, neither was I... How do I get the code for my customer? It would have been easier and smoother to just send a PayPal invoice for the $$ amount and create a "Coupon Code" for the customer. I am amazed I didnt' lose the customer completely!

Plugin Contributions

Gift Certificates that are purchased in an Order do not have a Gift Certificate Redemption code ...

The Gift Certificates are purchased and added to a Gift Queue that you then RELEASE for the Order ...

Once RELEASED the Gift Certificate that was purchased will show up in the Customer's GV Balance ...

You should be able to see that balance in the Customers ... Customer ... listing for anyone with a balance ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I am having a similar problem, and these posts are closest to what I am experiencing. I am wanting to start offering gift certificates for sale. So I added the GIFT product in the gift certificate category as per the instructions in the Zen Cart Tutorial.

I wanted to test the system so I purchased the gift certificate myself. It did not send me an email with a redemption code, and there is nothing in my order history with a redemption code. What am I doing wrong?

Plugin Contributions

When a customer "buys" a Gift Certificate ... the Gift Certificate is Queued, providing you have this setup (a very good idea to prevent fraud issues), and then is released in the Admin by you, when you have confirmed payment etc.

Once released, the GV amount is automatically added to the Customer's GV Balance ... there is no redemption code for Gift Certificate Purchases ...

When a GV is sent to the Customer from the Admin or from another customer, then there is a redemption code that needs to be redeemed either:

1 via the link in the email

2 from the GV FAQs page

3 from the Checkout Payment page checkout_payment

Once the Gift Certificate is either released in the Admin or redeed by one of the above methods ... the balance in the Customer's GV account can be seen by the customer on the Catalog in the shopping_cart sidebox, my account or on the Checkout Payment page below the Apply Balance ...

For the Admin, this can be seen in the Customers ... Customers ... on the listing for the customers ...

NOTE: the balance only displays if there are Customers with records in the coupon_gv_customer table ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I am also trying to figure this out. Thank you for your response but I'm still confused. After I release the gift certificate, I still don't understand how one customer would purchase a gift certificate for another customer . Please advise....thx

Plugin Contributions

You, the Store Owner, makes Products that are Gift Certificates ... these Products need to have a Product Model (products_model) that starts with:
    GIFT

in caps ...

And the Product should be marked as:
    Product is Virtual: Yes, Skip Shipping Address
    Then, the customer buys this Product ... you, the Store Owner, then release the Gift Certificate amount, after confirming that you, the Store Owner, have received the payment for this ... and the amount of the purchased Gift Certificate is credited to the Customer's GV Balance ...

Next, the customer can either use this Gift Certificate balance on a purchase by Applying all or a portion of the GV Balance on the Checkout Payment (checkout_payment) page ... Or, the Customer can send all or a portion of this GV Balance to another person ...

This person is sent an email with a Gift Certificate redemption code and a link in the email to redeem it ...

The person receiving this email can either use the link in the email or ... then can go to your store and redeem it from the GV FAQ page ... or they can redeem it on the Checkout Payment (checkout_payment) page and then, the Apply to Balance will appear on the Checkout Payment (checkout_payment) page where they can apply all or a portion of the GV balance to their order ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast