help question Pay Invoice Online

Hi,

I've read several threads regarding this topic and still haven't found a solution. If there is a solution that's already been presented, please direct me, as I've given up trying to find an answer.

I am selling service packages (virtual products with no shipping), specifically custom website packages, hosting packages, business cards, postcards, etc. However, on occasion I will have to bill my clients for additional services performed after the initial package is purchased. Therefore, I would like to offer them an option to visit the site, login, and submit a payment online by entering their invoice amount and invoice number.

If I could offer an online statement feature, like most service business websites, where customers can login, view their statement and pay an open invoice, this would be even better. However, I'm willing to settle for a product type that would allow a registered customer to simply enter their hardcop invoice number and amount and submit the payment.

Is there anyone out there that has found a solution to this? I know e-commerce app's such as X-Cart offer this sort of option, but I haven't found one for ZenCart yet. I prefer ZenCart of X-Cart.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pay Invoice Online

Charagg

Did you ever solve this? I wish to do the same thing.
    my greener home. Save money and save the environment.

Plugin Contributions

WHMCS

www.whmcs.com

What you want is not a feature of Shopping Cart software.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Charagg,

I have created a product which has free shipping, and is virtual (so it does not require a shipping address in checkout). I have set the initial value and 1 and units at 1. I then give a short product description explaining how to make an ad hoc payment / additional payment.

The product is active but sits under a deactivated category. So I can send a link to the product to my customer when required, but you cannot find it by clicking around on the site.

So to make a £5 payment, the customer puts 5 in the "Add to basket" box, and as each unit costs £1 the basket then contains a £5 value. Checkout follows as normal but is slightly quicker because no shipping address is required.

It is only a work around. Getting payments of pounds and pence (or dollars and cents) is possible but very inelegant.

Hope that helps.
    my greener home. Save money and save the environment.

Plugin Contributions

How about phpCOIN.com

The WHMCS option looks like the route I will go with, but in the meantime, I've been using PayPal's email invoice feature. Thanks for the tips!
    BenchmarkDesign.Net - Integrated Media Solutions