Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add Customers from admin addon

Quote Originally Posted by SalonRoyalty View Post
    No, I mean I've already switched to 5 before you did. If you had looked at my earlier post you would have seen that I already said that!
    No, I didn't see that because you added it as an edit to your original post. The email I got for your post didn't have that, and I had no reason to go back and reread your message, so I didn't know that you'd added something to it. It is for this reason that I never add things to a message after it's been posted since people who read the messages via the email notices are not going to see the addition.

Plugin Contributions

Fair point...didn't know that. Sorry if I came of snippy...just getting frustrated with this thing.

Plugin Contributions

Oh, trust me. I know exactly how you feel.

If you can't find a way to get the bulk upload working, an alternative is to use one of the CSV to SQL conversion programs that are out there. That's what I was considering. It will take more work to do it that way since you have to split the customer data into two SQL files, one that you install into the Customers table and the other into the Address_book table because the info for each customer doesn't all go into one place in the database. You also need to do some sequential numbering for one of the fields. If you have any experience with working with databases in MySQL, you should be able to figure it out by taking a look at the structure and contents of those two tables, seeing what records go where.

Plugin Contributions

Presently, the email format preference is defaulting to HTML on the form. I need to change it to TEXT. I tried changing line 74 in add_customers_backend.php from 'customers_email_format'=>'HTML' to 'customers_email_format'=>'TEXT' , but that didn't work. The default for the store is set to TEXT.

Plugin Contributions

Do you have "Mime HTML" enabled in the email configuration of ZC?

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

No. I want to completely eliminate the option of HTML emails. I suppose that if I don't have that enabled, it wouldn't send them out as HTML regardless of what was selected.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Maureen,

Try changing this
    Code:
    , 'customers_email_format'=>'HTML'
    to

Code:
    , 'customers_email_format'=>$customers_email_format
    Then add column customers_email_format to your CSV using TEXT as the option.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to do. I wanted to change the default selection on the form itself that so that when a customer is being added in manually, something that will happen on occasion, the person entering in the info doesn't have to remember to change HTML to TEXT for the email format.

I managed to figure it out for myself this morning. I made the following change to add_customers.php.

Code:
    $email_pref_text = ($cInfo->customers_email_format == 'TEXT') ? true : false;
    changed to

Code:
    $email_pref_text = ($cInfo->customers_email_format == 'TEXT') ? true : true;
    By the way, since the default setting in the database is to put TEXT into the email preference field, if there is nothing in the CSV file to override that, any customer entered via CSV is going to automatically be set to TEXT, so what you suggested wouldn't be necessary for my situation. Adding that column, however, would be useful for store owners who want to preserve customer email preference settings from an old store. In that situation, I don't think it would be necessary to make that change to add_customers_backend.php, though.

Thanks anyway for your attempt to help.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Maureen,

Glad you got it figured out...

I did misunderstand as when you referenced add_customers_backend.php I automatically assumed your were referring to the bulk feature which we added to the module.

add_customers.php is part of the original mod and we have made just a couple of tweaks to it.

The change I posted would be handy to keep current email preferences and would be necessary to make the accounts a mix of html and text using the bulk import.

I would like to add some other stuff to this mod and we have been working on it, but time is short ....

~Melanie

Plugin Contributions

Hope this thread is still going...I added successfully the contrib but I wa having this error message: Warning: move_uploaded_file(/usr/www/users/amellis/practitioners/import.csv) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/www/users/amellis/practitioners/admin/add_customers_backend.php on line 28

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/usr/tmp/php1WwSF0' to '/usr/www/users/amellis/practitioners/import.csv' in /usr/www/users/amellis/practitioners/admin/add_customers_backend.php on line 28

I talked to my hosting company and they helped me to use cgiwrap to run PHP files as cgi (if I am correct). Now the error messages are gone but nothing happens. PHP 5.2.9 is used on the hosting server. What else can it be? MAny, many thanks

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast